BSNL 3G USB Data Modem Review

• Thread starter Thread starter onewhoknows
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 62,816
this is discussed many a time in IBF. i strongly recommend anyone to buy an unlocked modem for using 3g. i personally own a Huawei 1550 which does the job well. its an upgraded version of e160. no matter which modem u use, the speed depends on network availability. you can buy on ebay but please be careful not to buy from fake sellers (you can see my other posts for details) guys, the huawei is a worthy product and you can take my word for it.

last week i brought this 3g data card from teracom which support 7.2mbps, for the first two days it worked fine,but after that for every 7 or 8 sec the speed drops to 0kbps and stays there for 3 sec,and speed is also very worst …but my room mate is using capital datacard(cdma) given by bsnl ,she is getting around 2mbps….she is using it for last 6 month..I need help……do i need to change the datacard? because i am getting full tower in my room…will they change this data card? how is Huawei data card?

Does this happen all the day? Can you try using your Teracom in the morning 7-9am and check the stability? My speed is not consistent either. I notice that this is happening due to the load on the 3G tower in my area. Morning i get fantastic speed. As the day progresses, the speed comes down.

even if the signal tower remains overloaded, you should not have a drop in connection but you can have drop in speed. i think your data card has some problem in it. try reinstalling the data card software. even if there are many users, connection does not fail. though the speed is low, you should get occasional rise in speed (atleast 200kbps) otherwise your modem is not doing its job.

hi everyone i purchased Huawei umg 1831 data card from a retailer in bangalore, will post speed test result soon

Does this happen all the day? Can you try using your Teracom in the morning 7-9am and check the stability? My speed is not consistent either. I notice that this is happening due to the load on the 3G tower in my area. Morning i get fantastic speed. As the day progresses, the speed comes down.

CKR, i am also facing similar issue and i agree with sathish that the speed drop is something which is happening and there are fluctuations and spikes. But drop in data connection is a concern. Check the signal strength and if it is constant or fluctuating, there are many softwares out there which you can test to use.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

hi everyone i purchased Huawei umg 1831 data card from a retailer in bangalore, will post speed test result soon

Hi Sanjog, from where did you purchase the card and how much did you pay ?>

That's good pricing, considering i got from Cochin and paid 3k for the same and has to wait for 48 hours to get the same.

Back