BSNL Broadband: ADSL link blinks frequently - Need help

hearts_hacker

ISP
DATAONE
For last 3 months I am facing problem with my DATAONE connection. My ADSL link goes down frequently (Every 2/3 minutes). It blinks for 4/5 seconds and then stay stable. As it is so frequent I can not browse properly.

I have complained about it many times. But nothing is happening. After complain it stays for 6/7 days and same problem starts.

Every time they say check your Modem/Antivirus/Connectivity. They never say problem from there end. Can never get anyone over phone.

I am using D-Link 802C router and it is configured in Bridged mode. I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 installed. The router is checked by BSNL. It is OK.

Now need your help. To whom shall I contact? Is there anything I can do from my end?

I am really frustrated with this service................

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Sorry for double post. Same problem. I submitted but as the link went down, I submitted again. So created 2 post.

For last 3 months I am facing problem with my DATAONE connection. My ADSL link goes down frequently (Every 2/3 minutes). It blinks for 4/5 seconds and then stay stable. As it is so frequent I can not browse properly.

I have complained about it many times. But nothing is happening. After complain it stays for 6/7 days and same problem starts.

Every time they say check your Modem/Antivirus/Connectivity. They never say problem from there end. Can never get anyone over phone.

I am using D-Link 802C router and it is configured in Bridged mode. I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 installed. The router is checked by BSNL. It is OK.

Now need your help. To whom shall I contact? Is there anything I can do from my end?

I am really frustrated with this service................

Now need your help. To whom shall I contact?

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Sorry for double post. Same problem. I submitted but as the link went down, I submitted again. So created 2 post.

please download user manual ( not available in D-Link web site )
Download QIG&User Manual.zip from link-removed.com - send big files the easy way
Change mod mode to GDMT and uncheck option adsl2 +
If possible upload screenshot of connection status, at tinypic.com and give link here.

Uploded connection status --

http://i48.tinypic.com/p64qa.jpg

I have "BBG FN 500 downloadspeed -Upto 2 Mbps" plan. Around 3 months ago, My upload speed was 60-70kbps. But now it is not even 10Kbps. In router configuration, I see it is "256 Kbps". But I remember it was more than that. Can any one help me?

'Standard' should be G.DMT not ADSL2+ Auto.'Annex Type' should be Annex A/Type A not ADSL2.^go to the modem admin page (192.168.1.1 by default)1) WAN>ADSL>Handshake Protocol: Select G.DMT2) Bit Swapping: Select Enabled3) Click 'Submit' btn.4) ADMIN>Commit & Reboot>Click 'Commit'. Wait for the modem to commit the changes.5) ADMIN>Commit & Reboot>Click 'Reboot'.6) Wait for the modem to restart, then login to the modem admin page and upload the same one you've in the previous post.report back.

Reconfigured as per the instruction. Shall let u know the update by tomorrow. Attached the image.

http://i48.tinypic.com/1z4a3r6.jpg

Also please comment about the upload speed.

I have "BBG FN 500 downloadspeed -Upto 2 Mbps" plan. Around 3 months ago, My upload speed was 60-70kbps (Torrent Upload). But now it is not even 10Kbps. In router configuration, I see upload speed is "256 Kbps". But I remember it was more than that. Can any one help me?

Dude,no need to f**k with the settings..

I had this exact problem since a week.
I called 1500 and scolded them like anything and pressed them to get my ANSWER to comp. numbers.
They were so terrified that, it got fixed in no time.

Im with 1350 UL Plan and check my connection speed now.

Also please comment about the upload speed.

Seems like you're on a 2mbps profile configured at the DSLAM, present in your EWSD exchange. See my stats for a change/difference. Mine's on an 8mbps profile that's why my modem's syncing at higher rates. The same explanation goes to why you were getting higher upload speed before as to now, your port has been capped to a 2mbps profile by the DSLAM (due to some tech difficulties, maybe as 750UL subscribers have been upgraded to 512kbps) but it was 8mbps before & your were getting +60Kbps then. The only way you can get that speed back is by requesting your exchange DE (Internal) or JTO to change the 'current port profile' to 8mbps. Most of the times they're hesitant to change but you'll have to be real persuasive. 8mbps is just the sync speed of the profile. Only 'upto 2 mbps plan' users can opt for one.

Your's:

Up Speed: 256 Kbps i.e., 'maximum attainable' upload rate is 256Kbps or 256/8=32kbps or 256/1024=0.25mbps

Down Speed: 2048 Kbps i.e., 'maximum attainable' download rate is 2048Kbps or 2048/8=256kbps or 2048/1024=2mbps

Mine:

Up Speed: 864 Kbps i.e., 'maximum attainable' upload rate is 864Kbps or 864/8=108kbps or 864/1024=0.84375mbps

Down Speed: 8128 Kbps i.e., 'maximum attainable' download rate is 8128Kbps or 8128/8=1016kbps or 8128/1024=7.9375~8mbps

'maximum attainable' means that the max speed one shall get from their DSL line restricted by the DSLAM.

The question is why am I not getting 8mbps on my 'upto 2mbps' BB plan (eg. Home 500), even when i'm on an 8mbps profile@DSLAM. Well that's because the speed being regulated/restricted again at/by BRAS i.e., NIB-I/NIB-II servers (authentication servers, depending on the ip set) through another profile system i.e. '256kbps to 2mbps'.

Another question that comes to mind is why you're getting 10kbps instead of 32kbps even when the upload speed has synced at 256Kbps. That's because each node is shared in the ratio 24:1 i.e., 24 subscribers share the same node, consisting of 24 ports, one for each. So the up/down bandwidth gets distributed in the same ratio, depending on the no. of connections alive.

Same problem started again. Any more idea??

By 'same problem', you mean disconnection issues?

If so, post (or take a screenshot/snap of) your 'Local SNR Margin' & 'Remote SNR Margin' from the modem admin page:

1)
WAN>DSL>DSL Param

2)
WAN>ADSL>Handshake Protocol: T1.413
commit changes then reboot

See if it does anything good. Report back.

3)
do speed tests at (If you're not getting a link at T1.413, revert back to G.DMT or ADSL2 then do the tests):

i) Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test [use a different server other than one from India]
ii) http://speedtest.dataone.in:83/bandwidthmeter/initialmeter.php
iii) AIRTEL BROADBAND SPEED TEST

Copy the speed test link from (i) and post it here. Take snaps of (ii) & (iii), do the same.

Just a tip: you can use mozilla firefox along with 2 addons 'Pearl Crescent Page Saver Basic' & 'Screengrab', get them at
Code:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
to take screenshot of webpages directly to jpg/png instead of going through PS.

Back