BSNL Broadband Bill

• Thread starter Thread starter vinayghdke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 27,723
Hi guys,

I finally cancelled my BSNL Broadband connection today...:(...I will go in for a new connection in a few days time...will opt for Unlimited plan the next time as I think that should give me more mileage...

Thanks for all your support...:)...

Regards,
Vinay Ghodke

Hi everybody,

Am new to the site so please excuse any shortcomings.
I would like to know what a digit portal ID is and who provides the initial password?

/members/geographer/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co.
If you are a new BSNL BB user with IP 117.xx.xx.xx you will get UserID and Password to log on.
This can be used in BSNL webmail also.
Dataone WebMail
Para two:
To check your BB usage a special 14 digit portal ID with password usually password
is supposed to be sent to you in the email address given by you
But usually never sent !. Approach the local exchange for this Portal ID
Also only after accessing this usage portal, if you want
you can change your default Password given by BSNL .
Sample pages
http://i34.tinypic.com/2iaaqg6.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/2urthdt.jpg

Hi sorry for posting this here but i dint want to start a new topic.
I am an Old Bsnl dataone user Home 500(1.5 then 2.5 gb) plan. Now i have changed to Home 750 UL. I had always being paying my broadband bill amounting from 800- 2500...but off late i checked my bill for June 08 that was amounting to 5784. now the thing is i was not home in the month of june and i was only there from 14th morning to 17 morning 5'0 clock. I had used it at that time (but i still have some doubts) ...apart from that its shows me usage from 2nd june to 29th of june...i can gurantee that nobody used it that point of time. Secondly I checked my Usage for June 08 (billed) and it shows that they have also calculated the usage for (02-08am) and charged me for that. Its the first time i have checked it and iw as surprised because they may have charged the same for previous month(i'll have to check that)
i have posted the link..plz check my account usage and plz tell me how do i go about solving this problem. thanks
Ps june 08 had home 500 plan
link for usage details
Code:
http://www.badongo.com/file/10386562

@sadistic00seems like someone has hacked your broadband account and used your account for downloads. sorry to say, but you cannot ask for any discount in the bill. becoz every entry is correct acc to their speed limits.so it doesnot appear to be a computer mistake.Are you sure your plan is H500 and not H250.You have to your nearest exchange and apply for the dicount of entries in the time 0200-0800. This is only bill waiver/discount you can get.You can prevent such hacks in future , by being attentive abt your acct, change your broadband & modem passwords. And also ask at your exchange to implement portbinding on your account, so that you will be billed for the data only you used.Nothing more i can tell,and sorry for you again, if it is really a hack.Damn the hackers.

/members/sadistic000/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co Home 500(1.5 then 2.5 gb) plan. Now i have changed to Home 750 UL.
The problem is above.Your free limit was varying .
See the previous bills and see the free data d/l allowed.
If someone has to use your BB acct ( in a flat complex?)
take a parallel telephone connection and
use your ID and password, during your absence. No other way.
How about metered telephone calls during this period ?
Better recheck your tariff plan . Check your speed at speedtest.net
if less than 256kbps your plan changed !!

thanx for such prompt and quick replies.:thumbsup:my plan as of now is Home UL 750 but when i started with bsnl dataone a year back or so it was with Home-500 that had a 1.5 Gb cap ..then after 6-9 months they changed the cap to 2.5 Gb...I am sure that my account was hacked..wil surely yell out some expletives at the local exchange.Will try with parallel connection and also ask for port binding from exchange..but i believe that Home-750 does have port binding by default:PP.s. i am not changing the password so that i can get the hacker if he uses my account in the future...will surely get em this time around:whistle:

Its a very lengthy procedure to catch the culprit. My account was hacked once. At first they refused to believe that someone else used my account. But after much argument, they told meto give a written complaint. Then they would send it to bangalore where the server is located. They would then locate the port from where the account has been used and then the phone number from which the account has been accessed. They told me that it would take a month or so for the report to come from bangalore. As i was in unltd plan, so i dumped the idea. As you know its how much easy to hack the password. If you wont change the password then someone else (other than the one who used your account) too might hack your password. You will end up paying huge sum. Now its your wish....

wil surely yell out some expletives at the local exchange.
yell

My suggestion/request.. Please donot do this, instead make friends and tell them about such thing called hacking(they might be learning a new word now). So that when a ne victim comes to them, they can try to know what to do.

Back