BSNL Broadband: Connection getting reset on IP 117.x.x.x (earlier no such problem with 59.x.x.x)

• Thread starter Thread starter ckr97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 15,309

ckr97

Regular
ISP
ACT Blaze 30 Mbps (Post 50GB, 512Kbps)
I recently got migrated my Plan from 750UL to 1499UL, which changed my Network from 59.x.x.x to 117.x.x.x.

Since then, my internet connection gets randomly reset. Due to this my ongoing download fails. When this auto reset happens, the browser redirects me to this site - OpenDNS

After waiting for few seconds, the connection becomes normal and I can browse the websites.

Is the auto connection reset (at random intervals), a common problem for all users who are using 117.x.x.x network? Until last month, when I was on 750UL plan, my network was 59.x.x.x and I was not facing this auto connection reset problem.

I am using UL 750 and I am on 117 IP ever since I took the connection and I have never faced any such problems till date.

Me too on 117.xx.xx.xx. Ask them to check your port at exchange.

i am not sure but i think they changed your portal from NIB -1/P2 ( 59.x.x.x) to NIB - II/MP ( 117.x.x.x).:iomg:NIB - II/MP ( 117.x.x.x) means Low Speed, High Latency, Frequent Disconnection and u can't do anything about it.:hysterical:NIB -1/P2 ( 59.x.x.x) Old is gold!:urock:NIB - II/MP ( 117.x.x.x) Sux!:wall:Good Luck!:dance:

I have 2 net connections one with 59.XXXXXX & another 117.XXXXX 59 is the best have been using it from last 5 years no problem what so ever in 5 years (it was down for 2-3 days in whole 5 years)117 is the worst, it gets disconnected etc... (evey 15 days it has some problem or the other)

OOPS! Looks like I made a bad decision by changing my plan, which changed my network from 59 to 117.
I have logged a complaint and hoping that BSNL guys will fix my problem.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

During this auto-reset, I am now trying to monitor if my IP address gets changed or not. I am using this to check: myIPaddress.com: What is my IP address? How do I find my IP address?

Is there any other place(log), where I can see the last IP address of my modem?

YES... Its confirmed that there is Auto Reset happening. I monitored my IP address manually and noticed that whenever I get this auto reset problem, the IP changes.Now, I can give this additional info to BSNL Guys when they call.I checked my IP through 192.168.1.1 Device Info -> WAN - the first row with 0/35 gives the IP address@meetdilip - Yet to explore the Firefox Add-on. Thanks for the info. I hope BSNL guys should have the LOG of IP address assignment at their server end! Plan to visit them directly at their office and enquire the problem.

Like we give written request for change in plan... can we give a written request for change in network (MP to P2)

Like we give written request for change in plan... can we give a written request for change in network (MP to P2)

I think NO. That is purely internal business. But you can check with the Senior Divisional Engineer. He may be to give a solution or give details about server change.

Back