BSNL Broadband: Connection getting reset on IP 117.x.x.x (earlier no such problem with 59.x.x.x)

• Thread starter Thread starter ckr97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 15,309
Yes, I need to talk with some SDE at their office.
My-IP.us - What is my IP Address ?
http://www.my-ip.us/ipimg.php

mention your modem/model/make number.
In Management/ check whether
tr_069 client and SNMP boxes are enabled.
disable them.
Apply /Save reboot.
feedback.

My modem model number is WA3002G4. Thanks for giving me the options to troubleshoot. I saw these 2 options under Management menu. Will make changes to these 2 option and let you know. BSNL guys said that because of my current plan (1499 ULF), it is mandatory for them to change my network from P2 to MP. These all problem started after MP network came. I want to check if anyone using 1350 UL Plus plan(512kbps) and they are still on old P2 network? If yes, then I will do some maska-chaska at BSNL office and get my plan changed and also get myself move back to P2 network.

^^ They would not allow you to migrate the old P2 network. In fact, BSNL has plans to shift all P2 users to the new triple-play enabled network.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

NIB - II/MP ( 117.x.x.x) means Low Speed, High Latency, Frequent Disconnection and u can't do anything about it. NIB - II/MP ( 117.x.x.x) Sux!

That notion is incorrect. According to insider sources, the new triple-play enabled network is more stable than the old P2 network. I know many customers who have found respite after switching to this new network (from the P2 network).

@cool_techie_tvm - You are the first person in this Forum who is praising the MP network!!! I heard the BSNL engineers discussing(offline) within themselves that MP is headache! Anyway, my complaint is under progress. Will review what they do and share my feedback accordingly here.Hope everyone gets a proper service from BSNL.

@cool_techie_tvm - You are the first person in this Forum who is praising the MP network!!! I heard the BSNL engineers discussing(offline) within themselves that MP is headache!

BSNL officials are being lethargic. The real guys who maintain the network (the NIB engineers) are some of the finest I have seen in this country. However, the conventional babus (who take up the space in the nearby BSNL offices) are unaware of the proceedings.

I am still on the P2 network :P

I have been a BSNL Broadband user since March 2005. I had faced no problems with the connection till date.

@cool_techie_tvm

That notion is incorrect.
Seeing is Believing ...

I know many customers who have found respite after switching to this new network (from the P2 network).

Post Speedtest & Pingtest results ( outside India).

myth Ithe new triple-play enabled network is more stable than the old P2 network.
myth IIBSNL officials are being lethargic.
myth IIIThe real guys who maintain the network (the NIB engineers) are some of the finest I have seen in this country.
Moral of the story I am still on the P2 network :P
:readtherules:

@cool_techie_tvm and @kongkaal - I am also BSNL customer (may be - one of the first 100 customer in my area) since its DataOne launch in Bangalore. I was in P2 till now - everything was stable. This month I changed my plan from UL750+ to UL1499, which triggered this network change from P2 to MP.... and then the GAME started of *Auto Disconnects* and redirection to Motive BSNL site.Where are you guys from? and which plan are you using? Do you get the Motive BSNL page on P2 network now?Also... another Moral of the story - NEVER CHANGE YOUR PLAN :)

^^ I am from Trivandrum, Kerala. I have been a H500 subscriber. BSNL shifts users to the multi-play network only on the basis of two factors(a) You subscribe for their IPTV services (and/or)(b) You migrate to a broadband plan that has fair usage policies - only the newer machinery has such facilities@ckr97 I would strongly advise you to opt for a port change. You will have to give a written application to them, at the exchange. Also, do you have any ideas about the previous SNR and attenuation values? Have they changed significantly? Did you test your connection with an alternate modem? BSNL gives away free modems for testing purposes (they do it over here; I am unsure about Bangalore). If there is insignificant change in the SNR and attenuation values, then it might be a problem related to the port.

Back