BSNL Broadband: Connection getting reset on IP 117.x.x.x (earlier no such problem with 59.x.x.x)

• Thread starter Thread starter ckr97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 15,309
@cool_techie_tvn - Thanks for the info

Yes, they are trying some troubleshooting. Last day, they asked me to remove my Modem and directly connect cable to Phone. They performed some Phone Line tests and noticed something. They are still working on identifying the problem. So far, no good result. Even the BSNL guy told me that the next alternative would be to check with other modem.

Can you help me with my SNR. Here is my current SNR details:

While I went to Modem Setting, noticed that my DSL light is blinking... Oh no... one more Auto Restart :( By the way sometime back I disabled the SNMP/TR setting. And the page still redirected to Motive site. That means these settings don't help

OK back to my topic. Here are the SNR details current:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9141/bsnlmpnetwork20100415.png

Earlier, with the old P2 network, these are the settings (I saved Modem settings before changing plan!)

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/900/bsnlp2network20100313.png

Whats your observation?

Thanks for the sceenshots.

The SNR and attenuation rates seem to be on the safer side. Ideally, you must be experiencing seamless connectivity.

However, as learnt from your previous post, the link with the exchange is lost occasionally (and hence the DSL light breaks). This causes your modem to re-establish the connection with the exchange and thus the downloading is affected (as the connection is reset).

Please check the connection with another modem. We cannot do anything at this point other than waiting for a favorable word from BSNL. You can try setting the ADSL Modulation (this setting is present in the modem) to G.DMT or ADSL2+. Experiment with various ADSL modulations and verify the stability of the connection.

Edit: The output voltage rating of the modem's adapter - it can lead to disconnections too. These modem's are highly sensitive to voltage fluctuations.

Do keep us posted with your experiences. :)

On a related note, did you notice the upstream rate when you were on the old network? It is just 32kbps (ideally it must be 256kbps). I noticed the same with the MP network too (it must be 8xxkbps, but it is listed as 5xxkbps in the screenshot). It points to poor connectivity (line problems, cracks or fissures, water logging/seeping into the line) with the exchange.

Sure, will keep you posted on how BSNL guys help me. I know it is not easy to fix in a day... It may take weeks...Yes, I noticed that difference too. I used to get slow uploads earlier (attaching a file in Gmail used to take ages)...@cool_techie_tvm - Thanks for all your support. I am sure "if" we all are jobless, then we all are a very good candidates for Technical Openings at BSNL (both Network/Back Office and Front Office). On the lighter side, when such problem begins... and u start visiting BSNL Office... In couple of days, you get a feeling that you are one of the part time BSNL employee there (going desk to desk)... :hysterical:

I am sure "if" we all are jobless, then we all are a very good candidates for Technical Openings at BSNL (both Network/Back Office and Front Office). On the lighter side, when such problem begins... and u start visiting BSNL Office... In couple of days, you get a feeling that you are one of the part time BSNL employee there (going desk to desk)...
nice one ...;)

Today's update. Not sure what they did - they said they tried to rectify my telephone line from some junction box. After this, I am getting more noise/disturbance in my Telephone Line. Internet is working as before - still facing auto reconnect...... Troubleshooting by BSNL is to be continued tomorrow.

Today's update - Team BSNL was in Weekend Mood and they didn't work on my problem. Hoping to see some activity on coming Monday.Meanwhile, hearing some news on slow internet due to some under sea cable cut... Hope its not creating major impact for all.

Monday Blues - Looks like either BSNL guys extended their Weekend today or they didn't care picking up my calls. So, there is no update today. THANK YOU BSNL!

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Just started troubleshooting by connecting a old Huwaie MT 800 modem (no wifi, only 1 LAN port). Here is the SNR details:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3171/huaweimt800snrdetails.png

My old SNR is pasted in this same thread earlier. Let me see, if I get any auto reconnection now!

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

My speed is coming very bad on the old modem... Its coming between 4 KB/sec to 9 KB/sec. Telephone line is too noisy... Looks like BSNL guys has created some problem.

I will still continue my download, to see if any auto reconnection happens.

So long holiday for BSNL. I know nobody would have worked on Monday(yesterday) also... Nobody is bothered about Customers.... We the customers must also setup a Strike :)

Now phone line is dead and Broadband is working :) Auto-reset still persists!

Back