BSNL Broadband: data.bsnl.in showing new page after logging in (Motive Hijack)

• Thread starter Thread starter sankalpit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 64,952

sankalpit

TataSky दुख-
ISP
BSNL Dataone
Is anyone else being redirected to motive.bsnl.co.in? These clowns now expect us to install a BSNL made software to 'improve' things?! Frankly, if their website itself is an indication of BSNL software quality, you would be mad to install it. BSNL though is determined to hijack and force a redirect on poor users.

Second, why are we being 'welcomed' by BSNL Karnataka when most Dataone users are not even in that state? Yeah yeah banglore may be HQ for Dataone, but is making regional statements more important than serving consumers in a professional manner? Can you imagine this kind of approach from Airtel or Reliance? Makes you wonder how BSNL even works as an organization.

This kind of blatant hijacking and redirection is befitting of spyware and malware, it is quite depressing that an ISP resorts to such ham fisted methods. BSNL = Worst ISP.

It seems like you are one among those who is connected to the "new" NIB II network. No such problems for us old timers .. :)

You are fortunate indeed. Perhaps they will try to force feed you too after they have success with us NIB2 guys.What is baffling is why BSNL feel the need for a new program for configuation and such. If there website wasn't such a disaster everyone could easily find information for proper configuration. And if there employees cared for customers (instead of themselves) they could hand out the instructions on a A4 page with every new connection.

Make a complaint here :
http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp
@cool_techie_tvm
I remember, I had discussion about this "MOTIVE" link with you or @superprash 2003
and some report of Trojan in the application etc. here in this forum or elsewhere.
I think I have some Firmware Updates for four modems
in my old laptop Fx 215 from this link.
Also now, BSNL is trying to bifurcate usage portal to Selfcare sites and more towns have been added.
Asa dataone user Ip 59.xx.xx.xx so far no problem! Datafox still the best .

^^ Interesting Link.. Saved it for future reference. Thanks :)

Yeah man, its happening for me since this morning.As soon as I restart my modem, one tab redirects to that stupid motive.bsnl link.I just cancel them, since their stupid software is for windows and Im on a mac. Thank god, I stay away from Windows and those stupid BSNL tricks.

well its not dangerous. the problem is that they are opening this page automatically. and if their software has bugs or reliability problems... users who install them are going to suffer. knowing BSNL, i cannot expect their software products to be of top notch quality :D

Back