BSNL Broadband: data.bsnl.in showing new page after logging in (Motive Hijack)

• Thread starter Thread starter sankalpit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 64,952
^^ then again you're wrongI can wager a bet that a majority of BSNL users use IE.

even with host file block won't it still open the browser window?

^ yes , browser window still opens ; but it should be harmless ...

Try Comodo firewall.

well i just downloaded the software,just to check whether they are really not counting its usage in overall usage.will check about it tomorrow.and i think that this software is as same as the software which comes with new connection in a cd,which about every customer gets.[though i havent got it]there is another link on that page for something called firmware upgrade software.should i use it?whether using it will create any problem?because i havent faced any problem other than sudden disconnection sometimes from my modem[or say bsnl]thanks in advance

Don't try firmware upgrade (unless you are confident). It can make your modem dead.

righto. it is a risk not worth taking if everything seems to be working fine for you.

I was wondering that this may be happening because of BSNL DNS. Have you tried changing both Primary and Secondary DNS setting in your Modem to either OpenDNS or Google DNS?
Google DNS is 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4

192.168.1.1 -> Advance Setup -> DNS -> DNS Server -> uncheck Enable Automatic Assigned DNS and then type OpenDNS or Google DNS IP and SAVE. After SAVE, again goto Management -> Save/Reboot.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Btw, jut noticed that BSNL Software (Motiveactivation.zip) installs Microsoft Java Virtual Machine. Is BSNL trying to open the old Sun and Microsoft Java case. MS/Sun should sue BSNL for distributing MSJAVA to millions of BSNL customers. Being a Top ISP, its a shame on BSNL, who is distributing such software.

Back