BSNL Broadband: data.bsnl.in showing new page after logging in (Motive Hijack)

• Thread starter Thread starter sankalpit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 64,952
how you disabled TR_069 in your modem .steps . i m not able to locate TR_069

In C2110 SNMP item seen under services.

May be tr_069 client not incorporated/available.
Update:
see under DSL home
Management Server.
Disable all . shown as "acs server"

First I joined to reply to this post!! :dance:

Next it's NOT the kind of redirection that malware would use. My guess is that, after getting the settings from the server, the modem would always redirect any internet traffic (1st packed addressed to WAN) to BSNL karanataka site. This is not a malware redirect. This kind of redirect can never be done by any malware (unless the hacker has access to your ADSL modem and you haven't changed the default password).

To be frank I was frantically searching for a new firmware for my ZXDSL 831AII modem. I couldn't find it for a long time. I was having some random problems (like modem hanging etc) but they were NOT frequent. All it required was a reset and It was ready again.

BSNL has taken the step in right direction. Airtel too did this carp! I told the person who had come to instal their helper software that I didn't want that software. But he was very stubborn and installed some crap software. He insisted on installing FREE subscription of F-Secure or Mcaffee. I was mad and didn't allow him to that.

For a part govt. company they are doing very nice! Just tel me which ISP gives you truely UNLIMITED ADSL/DSL internet??? Airtel? Tata? Relience? Nope. They all have a stupid fair-usage policy. Last time I enquired Airtel, they had ~50GB limit for 1mbps connection. I don't know about TATA and relience NOW. But when I enquired they all had some fair usage policy. But BSNL has none.

And more importantly BSNL has silently doubled my speed! For the cost of 256kbps UL most of my friends are getting 512kbps!!

BSNL can be worst if a problem comes. But as long you don't have a problem with line or modem, you have nothing worry! I've been using BSNL for 4 years now. The down time may be only around 5-6 days in the 4 year time! My modem never gave me serious problem. When I was with Airtel I had to get the modem adapter changed every 6 months or so...

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

And FYI: I got an A4 page with all the settings, username, pass, portal ID, pass etc!!!

I upgraded my Modem's firmware and it's really coool! All settings (port forward) visible on the main page itself (no more home1.html) yay!! But I can't say the silly problems have vanished coz I have to test it for more days...

Also while upgrading I had some problems. But as a reasonably advanced user, I solved the issue. After upgrading the firmware, I got ip 10.xxx.xxx.xxx range! But I changed by user name and password in PPoE and got the connection working in no time!!

Come on PPL! IT IS NOT A VIRUS. It's feature. Also I will test and post if redirection still happens after FW upgrade.

@ckr97
I've been using OpenDNS n Google DNS in the router. I removed BSNL's DNS servers. As for MS JVM, I am sure it's just Sun Java Runtime Environment Or Oracle Sun JRE. This software is essential to your Windows PC. just like directx, .net framwrok. It enables you to run .JAR files and run java applets from internet and more recently Rich Internet Applications called JavaFX.

I still got the redirect in ZTE ZXDSL 831AII. I always disable remote access and SNMP and even DHCP for security purpose.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

For disabling AutoRedirect in ZTE ZXDSL 831AII (Lan port & USB port modem, No wi-fi)

> Goto http://192.168.1.1/
login as admin (not as user, this feature is available in new firmware only)
Go to Services > SNMP. Select disable. Press Apply. NOT NEED TO REBOOT! For this router, almost all setting change doesn't require a reboot!

> Go to DSL Home > Management Server > Select disable right to "ACS Discovery". Press apply.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3473/img2h.png
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8752/img1s.png

Reboot modem and check if re-direction happens.

@kbsg - Nice response. My comments for you:

1) Yes I too agree that BSNL is true Unlimited. But they have also introduced the Fair Usage Policy. Check the post paid unlimited plans - .:Unlimited Home Only:. All plans having the letter "F" are having Fair Usage Policy. There is also mention of (Max. Contention Ratio is 1:25)

2) BSNL has not silently doubled the speed. This is the official notice on Double Speed for unlimated plans for entire April month. .:Double Bandwidth Speed:.

3) I too agree that this is not a malware. This behavior occurs whenever your reset your connection. BUT MY PROBLEM IS THAT MY CONNECTION IS AUTOMATICALLY GETTING RESET (happening very randomly between 1 to 2 to 3 hours of intervals). I am struggling to complete a last part of 200MB file since last 5 days due to this Auto Reset. Whenever it happens, browser redirects to Motive site. All this problem started after they migrated me from P2 network to MP network (which happened due to Plan change)

I will try the settings given by you and see if I can solve the AUTO RESET problem of mine.

My Modem Info is below. Not sure if there is any new firmware which can fix my problem!

BoardID: 96338W
Software Version: 1132_061507-3.08L.BSNL_02.
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-8.7
Firmware Version: WA3002G4-0021.01
Hardware Version: WA3002G4 1.0
Model Name: WA3002G4
Wireless Driver Version: 3.131.35.6.cpe2.0a.s

@ckr97 OMG!!!! This is really BAD! I never thought BSNL would impost fair usage policy!!! Thx for the info :D But so far I've not faced any problems regarding fair usage policy! Usually I download 40GB to 50GB in my 512kbps line ;) But recently i've reduced....And again thx for the tip on speed boost! I searched everywhere in bsnl site for the news but I didn't find it anywere!As for intermittent connection, post a complaint in BSNL (try 198 automated fault booking)!

@kbsg - are you in UL 1350 plan? Yes, I have already logged complaint and its in progress.

I have just changed the SNMP/TR setting to "Disabled". Lets see the result!

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Guys... Did you see the new banner on Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.- India's No. 1 Telecommunications Company Here is a copy of the same....

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1781/bbbannerhome.png

Freedom Birds... all looking so green! But we the customer's know what happens if those birds shit on our head!
No offense on a particular person, but I am just unhappy about BSNL Services sometimes :(

Anyone getting similar page while logging on to data.bsnl.in portal?

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2708/capturexd.jpg

Yeah! I am on 1350 Home UL. :dance::dance:
Hmm... Hope it works :)
Yeah I saw the banner :ishock:
I completely understand you! As long as you don't have an issue with BSNL, it's good. But once any issue pops up, you are done. NOTHING can be done! Even for changing an old, broken phone, we had given soooooo many complaints and soooooo many times. It was NOT fixed until my dad stormed into AE's room and shouted in English, they gave us a new phone!

And there could be one other reason for my "satisfaction". It could be because, they are *THE ONLY* company who provide broadband in my area :confused: :(

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

If nothing works, then try my dad's policy! Just storm into the AEs room and shout at him in English (don't be irate) just explain your plight in english and saw that you are incurring loss (like you are web designer etc who needs to upload files on time) due to intermittent connection.

I am not getting this. May be some Developer was testing his new screen on the Production Server!

@kbsg - That was a nice tip.By the way, the SMTP/TR stuff FAILED to fix the Motive BSNL webpage redirect. After disabling SMTP/TR, I got two times auto reset and Motive BSNL webpage. Not sure if others also found the same results!

Back