BSNL Broadband: data.bsnl.in showing new page after logging in (Motive Hijack)

• Thread starter Thread starter sankalpit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 64,952
Reply received for my email to BSNL CC
Do not format your system / Run AV/ change modem settings etc.
. A very unconvincing reply from BSNL

Dear Sir
This is not any "Wrong direction". But we have implemented the motive application which is very popular in US. This software will be very useful in configuring the modem and for subsequent fault rectification, tracing, email configuration etc... However, it is under testing and we shall provide clear instruction in our portal very soon please. For the time being, it can be ignored and the customers can just type another website please

I'm getting the same even now. How come I'm the only person getting this page?

Dear Sir
This is not any "Wrong direction". But we have implemented the motive application which is very popular in US. This software will be very useful in configuring the modem and for subsequent fault rectification, tracing, email configuration etc... However, it is under testing and we shall provide clear instruction in our portal very soon please. For the time being, it can be ignored and the customers can just type another website please

"FOR THE TIME BEING IT CAN BE IGNORED..." WHAT DOES HE MEAN? My Downloads are getting stopped FOR THE TIME BEING and I have to restart the same file. One final part (200MB) of a movie is pending for download since last 5 days. Can he/she download it from his office, burn it in a CD and send to my postal address??? grrrrrrrrrrrrrr... :notallowed: LOL! Did I shout too much.. Calm down.. calm down.... OK I am normal now :)

I again checked. I am not getting now. Looks like the Developers of Portal are using your ID to test the new functionality....! Or it may be only for specific users.I am from Bangalore and not getting this... r u from USA? tum ko hi yeh sab special cheez dikta hai wadeen saaiyee... which number of UNR u r from? :)

Just checked. No redirection for me. Please mention your location so that users from your state can give their condition.

@meetdilip - your location says "India" :) which part... The asker of this thread has put his location.. Ulhasnagar... near Thane District Mumbai

@ckr97Hmmm. Ok then it might be a DNS redirect. If you have the same modem I have then, goto:Configuration > Local Network (LAN) > DNS Client. Remove existing BSNL DNS servers and add OpenDNS (208.67.222.222) and GoogleDNS (8.8.8.8). Then try :)@essbebeThis redirection is completely from the modem! No matter how many times windows is reinstalled/restored it wont help! As long as the modem is same, redirection WILL occur unless it's disabled!

@kbsg - I don't agree with what you mentioned to @essbebe. I was using the same modem since a year. There was no problem. I recently changed the plan in April and this problem started. I strongly suspect the redirection is problem from Server end, and nothing to do with modem.

Please provide your feedback at [email protected].

Btw, did you guys notice the Footer text on BSNL Motive website. They are giving a GMAIL to contact. BSNL using Gmail? What happened to their own Mail Servers :) Or has someone hacked the Motive website and added the GMail Contact in the footer!!!

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

OH God! THIS IS A HACK....... Something fishy here! Try View Source of the Motive BSNL Page... I found the below text on top of the source code:

Code:
 //alert("StoP! You are not authorized to access this page!");//alert("Do not attempt to return, or your computer will begin a self-destruct sequence!");//if (confirm("Please leave now Or you will be forceably removed!"))//{location.href="http://www.google.com" } else { ("OK your choice, doesn't matter to me! SeeYa!"); {location.href="http://www.getalife.com" }}

Back