BSNL Broadband: data.bsnl.in showing new page after logging in (Motive Hijack)

• Thread starter Thread starter sankalpit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 64,952
I am on Always ON mode, ie the modem dials the PPoE connection. I've tried several browsers and 1 PC and 2 laptops. Redirection doesnt happen to me.. I can't try using PC dialer mode coz i have more than 1 PC connected to the net. Also some times the SNMP (and some other advanced functions) wont be shown in the default screen ie in 192.168.1.1. For my modem, for seeing advanced menu i've to give 192.168.1.1/home1.html.To check if your modem has advanced screen, go to portforward.com and check :D

@aesouza
Please see PM. When you get that page click "Myportal" on top.
Then make a screen shot(jpg) showing your name and log in time.
upload at tinypic.com
Send a complaint ONLINE here. giving the link reference.
Quote your PortalID and PW.
you can also Inform JTO of your Exchange.
Please give feedback.
as told earlier works fine for other ID.
From grievance list scroll and select Broadband or misc complaints. Note complaint number.
http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

@aesouza
Please see PM. When you get that page click "Myportal" on top.
Then make a screen shot(jpg) showing your name and log in time.
upload at tinypic.com
Send a complaint ONLINE here. giving the link reference.
Quote your PortalID and PW.
you can also Inform JTO of your Exchange.
Please give feedback.
as told earlier works fine for other ID.
From grievance list scroll and select Broadband or misc complaints. Note complaint number.
http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

Hi, Essbeebee, thanks for looking into the matter but I'm not going to complain!
The reason is that the staff over here are really confused lot because of the CDR issue. There's just such a big mess (billing disputes, ECS not being done on time) that the staff is totally at a loss. So let's see what happens after a few days.

There's also a BSNL strike in the offing. I also have Shaplus to give me a rough idea of things and I've never crossed my limit.

Anyway, thanks again and I will keep note of the complaint procedure you have described.

@aesouzaSo, it seems that its a general problem.And yes, I too am not going to complain because of the same reason stated by you. I think it will be resolved in sometime. Let's wait and watch.

I checked and for Kalyan SSA CDR facility is available for BB users.
SAP NetWeaver Portal ...

Yes, I have registered for it. It is (currently) another disaster in progress. SNAFU.

Many of the basics are not yet available. And the most important, online bill payment isn't either.

I signed up for myself and for a friend. While my "account" is still functioning to the extent of knowing that I have an account going with BSNL, my friend's account suddenly has started inviting him to apply for a new telephone connection and makes no reference to the existing one. Another friend applied for a password but hasn't yet got one (three weeks later).

Why not just update the firmware? Who knows, it might actually do something useful. My theory (on another thread) is that it will allow them to remotely access and diagnose your connection instead of them sending out techs.

The page claims that the download is not charged to your BSNL balance. Might be worth a shot. If it fails, BSNL owes you a new modem.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

And why are you guys surprised that an Indian company is using source-code lifted from elsewhere? I see it happen all the time at web-dev firms.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Hmm. Maybe not. BSNL might have a major problem on it's hands if this isn't the only user experiencing this. https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/58881-internet-not-working-after-firmware-updates/

Back