BSNL Broadband Double Speed for Free!?

• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 25,734
No speed burst for me yet. On Home UL 750+. But then there is the alternate Airtel 1 MBps connection :) Hope fully BSNL should provide 512 UL like MTNL for 750/-

Noticed this happening since last evening and chalked it to to BSNL doing some maintenance or upgrades. Most of last evening it was hovering around ~600k up but this morning it's been consistently around 1mpbs. I'm at my girls place in B'lore and she's on the 256k unlimited BSNL DSL plan.

You guys are lucky that u have some change ,... Tata indicom hasnt even touched its tariff for the past 1 year :( im playin 1200 for 384Kbps during the day and 1500Kbps at night ...sad sad sad :( :(

Earlier on 256kbps torrent average goes to 27-28KB/sNow on 512kbps average is 40-41KB/s where is the remaining 20KB/s lost??

^^^ where did you find this info.@manu1991thanks didn't notice that you have posted a link. :)

me too on 750 UL+ and having dauble speed
here is the link for the news http://www.indiainfoline.com/Markets/News/BSNL-announces-free-offerings-for-its-new-broadband-customers/4804840579

https://www.speedtest.net

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

things to watch out now with dauble speed
1.Live tv (some of them works with software like - livestation ,tv ants(few chaneels))
2.online movie (just watched half LSD on some site it was hosted on dailymotion)
3.youtube (still hardluck)

Earlier on 256kbps torrent average goes to 27-28KB/s
Now on 512kbps average is 40-41KB/s where is the remaining 20KB/s lost??
but still it's better...

Wait for some time till BSNL Servers get used to high bandwidth usage and you will get the speed...

These rusty hardware need sometime to get used to high speed

^^^ still Airtel's plans will be great compared to BSNL.After doubling speeds, Airtel will be giving 512kbpsUL @799 and 1Mbps UL @1099

Back