• Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 6,877

urpradhan

Regulars
ISP
BSNL-Home 500C
Hi Friends

Bad news :huh:

The extended FREE night unlimited period ended from 16th Dec 09. Means we were getting extra free 30 minute from the night unlimited usage by connection at 7:59 AM and disconnecting at 8:29 AM as the connection was starting in a free usage period it was getting extended upto next 30 minutes.

But now BSNL has updated their software and hence after 8 AM, its going to chargeable usage period even if you have connected in a free usage period.

Thanx

Thanks for the reminder. I had gotten into the habit of using 'extra' NU, but it seems now I have some extra usage. Thankfully, still under the 2.5 GB monthly limit.....now I have to be careful.It was good while it lasted.

Thanks for the reminder. I had gotten into the habit of using 'extra' NU, but it seems now I have some extra usage. Thankfully, still under the 2.5 GB monthly limit.....now I have to be careful.

It was good while it lasted.

I was also in habit of extra time in NU. I had configured my batch files for automatic connect/disconnect and made the most of my BSNL broadband. But now BSNL might have hired a clever IT professional :)

So, its a bad news for this new year :(

see the brighter side too.!!No more visits to A.O for excess billing,mental strain , since NU will not be shown as charged.

@essbebe
True...now there is no need to even logout and relogin at 2.00 am. The updated software takes care of everything. Earlier I got billed for starting my download at 1.59 am till 2.29 am. Now there is no such issue.
In Hyderabad they changed their servers starting from July but didn't update the usage website BSNL Portal and so I was billed 500-1000 bucks extra every month from July till November because of my mistake of downloading till 8.30 am.
Once the new usage website CRM was introduced, there is no such problem as the usage is shown according to the billing servers. Now there is no problem in billing.

@adi420But for a careful connect/disconnect it was an added advantage and I'll miss that extra 30 minute in morning (useful at morning to check mails, reading news before going to office).

ya its over now.My usage showed in paid usage last Friday....So be carefull...

Even though the new software is now correctly calculating usage, I will still disconnect/reconnect around 0200 and 0800 hours just to be safe!

Cannot take any chance with BSNL as rectifying any mistake is hellish experience.

Even though the new software is now correctly calculating usage, I will still disconnect/reconnect around 0200 and 0800 hours just to be safe!

Cannot take any chance with BSNL as rectifying any mistake is hellish experience.

how is your download speed now a days?

Back