BSNL Broadband: I have a strange problem

• Thread starter Thread starter tanmoykm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 15,129
Are you a new customer of BSNL since 18-Feb-2010? Do you know if there was any Network change in your account?Were you using the P2 Network (IP - 59.x.x.x) ? I notice that you are on MP Network (IP - 117.x.x.x), which is not stable! The old P2 network is best.

I would suggest try in different pc (or laptop) and see if it works or not. If it works then its the prob with pc else line problem.

Outside of your home, the telephone line may be close to some electrical lines, which may be causing disturbances/noise after 6:10 pm when switched on! A wild guess:confused:

i still feel it must be some electrical disturbance that is causing you this headache... low voltages at that particular time, when most household & street lights are switched on might be inducing a lot of humming noise in the power adaptors...you can check this by using a cordless phone connected to your telephone line, if there is even a slight humming noise in the receiver, your BB will not function properly...enter 192.168.1.1 in your address bar, use "admin" without the quotes as username and password.. Click on Device info, Statistics, ADSL in that order on the LHS and check the downstream SNR values in the table on the RHS... do this once in the afternoon when the lines are good and in the evening when the lines are acting up...post both the values...

Thnx to all the members for their help.Today I got call from Bsnl, and one solution they gave that, if there is any tube light near by, then change telephone line from that place to somewhere else, where there is no electrical interference, so I am gonna try that in the evening and will update the result if any.Thnx again.

At last BSNL people came to my shop for checking for the problem I reported on Friday.At first they were not ready to accept that, there is problem in connection. After several minutes of checking they said, there was a problem in my PC, [lol], that's the knowledge of this BSNL people.Then I pursue them to check it on there laptop which they bring along with them, they check it.Even then they said it was fault in my system.:@After several minutes of checking and talking with there superior finally they accept, there is problem in connection.They said they will check from exchange's MTF section and change pair, and blah blah blah.Today is Monday, I don't think any thing was done to rectify problem, as problem is still persist.Tomorrow, they asked me to come to exchange with modem & adapter for checking.Lets see, what happens tomorrow.I will keep updating about the same.

Tubelight... PC... hahaha.. what an analysis! All the best for tomorrow.

I have called BSNL official.They said they changed port from the exchange and now my connection should work normally.What do you think guys, is my connection working normally???No way, BSNL people are bulls****. I don't think so any of the officers having any technical knowledge.I am still facing the problem.Tomorrow I am changing my line from the one junction point to another.Lets see what happens.I will update the same.

Yesterday lineman changed my telephone cable from DP box( or whatever it is called) up to my PC.After that, it seems my connection is working fine, but to be sure, I want to test it for 1-2 days more.I will update about the status of my connection.

Back