BSNL Broadband internet outage in North India

• Thread starter Thread starter Kick933
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 3,973
In my case it's the only option in my area :-(

BTW, my connection seems to be fine now today evening. Whatever few sites I visited seem to be loading OK now.

I wonder what was the issue with BSNL outage starting from the North and moving South :D
guess bsnl is being run by south indians, who had several issues with with northern people, guess thats creating the issue:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Today everything is exceptionally slow. Every webpage is taking ages to load despite having the 50mbps pack. I usually get 65-70ms latency in Singapore server in Battlefield 5 and PUBG Pc, so as to check I did a tracerouting and speedtest and I'm getting latency of 170ms to Singapore instead of usual 60-70ish and download and upload speeds are around 1mbps lol 😃
But, In any indian server pings are fine like 20 something and full 50mbps.

Probably there's some major routing issue going on because nearest foreign servers (like SG) are taking random hops around random countries instead of the usual route.
latency is really high today

Looks like the routing via Chennai is going haywire.
1592497226486.webp

This is with a 117.x.x.x series IP. Restarted Archer c6 , that assigned me with a 59.x.x.x series IP. It has altogether a different routing and far better than chennai:

1592497403696.webp

Internet has weird issues since last few days. Range/wires on all devices are perfect.
Instagram is extremely slow. Even a lot of websites that otherwise run smoothly.
Today even facebook wont open for some reason.
Ping to 1.1.1.1 faces packet loss every few pings. Ping to google works fine tho. 20ms pings.

God knows whats up with these people constantly. Speedtest.bsnl shows full speed. Fast.com shows 20-25mbps (exact) download and full upload.

It seems they are shaping the traffic depending on internal and external ending traffic. Internal cached gets full speed and external is limited to 20-25 mbps. That too in speed test. In real world most not even opening.

IP range is 117.x.x.x

Back