BSNL Broadband is blocking file sharing and other websites once again

darthkant said:
I cant access imagebam.com on bsnl. Not a dns issue(checked with google dns and bsnl dns). Iam getting a page with html header only. Works fine with a proxy.
Can anybody on bsnl access Imagebam?.
if this is the site then its working fine for me
Fast, Free Image Hosting - ImageBam FREE image hosting, galleries and photo sharing for Twitter, forums, blogs, eBay, Craigslist, Facebook, classified ads, Myspace and more.
Features:
[*]10 MB File Size Limit [color=#FFA500;font-weight:bold;]NEW[/color]
[*]Unlimited Uploads
[*]Unlimited Downloads
[*]Fast, Reliable Servers
[*]Easy To Use
[/list] http://www.imagebam.com/register Register for more functionality:
[*]Photo Management Tools
[*]Organize your Images and Galleries
[*]Add Title and Descriptions to Galleries
[/list] It won't take long and is 100% FREE.

"link-removed n Imagebam not working on BSNL for me."

My Advice n Suggestion to ISPs , Someone Tell them in their ears ! :
-----------------------------------------
Yeah i too agree, idk what the hell is their problem , sincerely !
In Real life
suppose in between 2 friends, if one friend has/owns something (any game, movie, clothes or any item he owns, for which he paid)
and wishes /wants to give it to any other friend or anybody Hell in world , it's his wish and he can do whatever of the things he has/owns.
n give it to whomsoever he wishes n wants , "without any Self-Profit" in return from other person .
He doesn't like goes to any authority in real life first to take permission asking :) - "Hey can i give my something to my friend or ny neighbour or nybody i want to" . This is exactly definition of "File-sharing" . it's Non-Profit motive welfare type thing.
Most "File-Sharer guys" , They/He's not Selling something like on Pirated DVDs or CDs in Open Market like for something in return such as Money from his friends or anybody. He's doing at free-Will n his own-Will.
So, File-sharing by definition is not always like n exactly like Piracy.
Now definition of Piracy's is n should be something like - "Selling/Distributing something in market in return of Money/some Profit from the person sold to."
So File sharing is more of - Sharing at free-n-own-Will versus Selling in return of Money. so it's more or less Non-Profit motive.

Now these ISPs n Companies , are like Profit motive .
Till a long time File-sharing at free will was in internet freedom , freedom to express. NOBODY has any problem for yearssssssssssssssss like
Till a long time When they have NO PROBLEM , then there is NO LAW.
When they have or make any PROBLEM, then they make LAW.
So What is LAW really like. ( Puppet of their hands Or What is morally right )

But these bitches like some private media Companies , who are only concerned as to being Profit motive , wanna purchase Govt. bodies (who are short of money )
for their own lil Profit
just to curb people's n internet freedom to share n give each other anything , even if with their own-free-Will , without any Profit motive.

( n This also shows how much our autonomous Govt. bodies are sold n have sold themselves to Private sector media Companies
for some Money if they 've to offer , n to curb people's freedom of sharing , even if they wish/want to do so at their own-free-Will)
What a Shame !!!!
If internet freedom will be Suppressed by ISPs (getting sold to n influenced by the private media companies)
Who'll buy the internet one day from ISPs ? one day likely , n that too big money broadband plans.
( for a large majority of people n youngsters buy internet for games, movies , n fun -
these are in a way product of internet n hence product of ISPs they 've to offer indirectly to customers)
Compared to that majority n it's interest ,
few people access internet for just Written information n Text over web or ebooks only.
n these written info n text over web or books , can be accessed/done over less paying broadband plans too. :)
So in the long Run ,
if ISPs are gonna curb internet freedom of people , one way or other ,
They'll be loosing their big segment of customers only ( of high paid broadband plans)
it's like Cutting their own Business.
i mean why will customers buy high paid internet connections ( like 500UL plus or 750 UL Plus ) , if ISPs don't have any internet products indirectly.
Common sense ! they'll just switch to low paid internet connections as per their low downloading needs ( if for just written text over web , ebooks )
n i think in a country like india , where internet connections speeds are like very slow already as compared to USA
Not many customers will pay - to buy like every game from STEAM at 2000 Rs for every game title just to download or
watch movies on Netflix or Hulu , at a monthly membership of those sites too (plus internet broadband plan they are already paying ISPs)

MATTER TO THINK for ISPs too who are getting if like retards !!!

I am not sure , But there has been some routing issue with BSNL for sometime now.
The rogue server here is http://whois.net/ip-address-lookup/172.31.35.133 (private IP) or in that range , which i think is blocking these sites.
The thing is , more than the above IP , 59.163.206.177.static.chennai.vsnl.net.in [59.163.206.177] , this is either routing banned sites to above IP or routing normally.
So I think the rogue is the chennai.vsnl.net
And "[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:medium;]Department of Telecom(CHNN)"[/color] CHNN might stand for Chennai ?
Whatever the case this is stupidity and its not like we cant reach these sites , but its just pain and using proxy or VPN , is just slow.

Ultrasurf is a product of Ultrareach Internet Corporation. Originally created to help internet users in China find security and freedom online, Ultrasurf has now become one of the world's most popular anti-censorship, pro-privacy software, with millions of people using it to bypass internet censorship and protect their online privacy.
Why Use Ultrasurf?» Circumvent internet censorship» Encrypt online communications» Hide your IP from websites visited» No installation required» Fast page loads» Easy to use

Back