BSNL Broadband New Tarrifs - Unlimited Combo 900, 1000 and 1100 plans

• Thread starter Thread starter ckr97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 30,680
@icycool25: I download around 10 GB a month, but don't always do it during NU time and end up using the paltry 1.5 GB in about 10 days. If u can schedule heavy downloads during NU, nothing to beat Home 500C, otherwise one of the new unlimited plans would be better as they offer higher speeds till the limit is crossed.

@senthilb007: Has the new plan been activated?

How to know if the plan has changed or not? I could not find any provision for checking the current plan at CRM

current broadband plan is available on home page itself .
however the plan change may not reflect immediately at the portal ...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2440/91940830.gif

Guyz, How much can we download using 256 Kbps if we keep the system On for 10-15 Hrs a Day?

On 256kbps average 100mb should be possible in an hour, which comes to 1.5gb in 15 hours

Thought of adding this to the last reply, but my browser hangs when clicking on Edit. Lately Google chrome gives me lot of problems. Back to the topic, I have many doubts regarding this1. Does the upload also include in the total fair usage policy?2. If I change it the plan on 10th of this month. How much do I need to pay for the next month and when will the plan get changed - Am currently under 500C - Used 1 Gb out of 2.5Gb Do they calculate like no of days used in this month like 2560/30=85.33 Mb per dayThen 85.33 X 10 = 853.3Mb10 days, 1024-853.3=170.7Extra 1 Mb=.50(As per new)170.7 X .50=85.35 RsSo I should pay a total of 1100(Deposit for new Plan) + 85.53 + 200(10 days cost for 600Rs , current plan)which goes to 1385 Plus 12 Percent tax, so I end up paying approx 1530

The new plans are no good ! At present am on UL 750. What plans do you think would be good enough for me ? The old BB 500 or any of the new plans ?

I am switching to ULF 1100. Currently on UL 750.

OK let me get it strightFirst 10 GB will come under 2 MBPS ( What would be the avg download speed)After 10 GB it will switch to 256 KBPS ( Now that i have 750 Unlimited as a promotion are providing double download speed, is that appicable in this plan as well) ?

Guys anyone going for 1100 Plan, don't! UL750+ was much better. I became victim of BSNL ULF 1100 Plan. They promise "2 Mbps", however they route http traffic their proxy server. Their proxy server is terribly buggy. Most of the sites where CDN(Content Delivery Network) is used just don't open. Eg. reputed site like lifehacker.com doesn't open! I am planning to switch to Airtel 1399 today. Moreover they also have a hard cap of 1GB/day download in their "unlimited" plan. This sucks. BSNL is crappy company switch to other company while you can.

current broadband plan is available on home page itself .
however the plan change may not reflect immediately at the portal ...

The website is showing the changed plan one day after I requested for a change. Does this confirm that BSNL has started billing according to the new plan?

OK let me get it stright

First 10 GB will come under 2 MBPS ( What would be the avg download speed)

After 10 GB it will switch to 256 KBPS ( Now that i have 750 Unlimited as a promotion are providing double download speed, is that appicable in this plan as well) ?

You got it right. I expect the download speed for the first 10 GB to be around the same as in Home 500 C (around 1.7 Mbps). But I don't think the speed bump from 256 Kbps is applicable for this plan.

Guys anyone going for 1100 Plan, don't! UL750+ was much better.

I became victim of BSNL ULF 1100 Plan. They promise "2 Mbps", however they route http traffic their proxy server. Their proxy server is terribly buggy. Most of the sites where CDN(Content Delivery Network) is used just don't open. Eg. reputed site like lifehacker.com doesn't open! I am planning to switch to Airtel 1399 today. Moreover they also have a hard cap of 1GB/day download in their "unlimited" plan. This sucks. BSNL is crappy company switch to other company while you can.

Any one else using ULF 1100 and facing similar problems?

you can also confirm the plan change from data usage records ( eg. server : 10.240.144.195 )
the first column on data usage records gives the current plan name .
there is also a separate link for the service plan within the data usage records portals

I have requested the plan change thru customer care portal on 31st March . it is not yet changed .
And I am not going to ask for the plan change by looking at the problems cited here & else where :(
I will wait for the improvement in the new plans - let it take its own time ...

Back