BSNL Broadband now has Airtel Smartbytes like Upgrade Packages with Redirections

• Thread starter Thread starter darthkant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 57,102
Hi, I think I have 1500INR BSNL unlimited plan.
I get 200kBps download speed at start of the month or when monthly payment is done, until 7-8G.B is downloaded, after that I get 50-60kBps DL/UL speed for whole month.
My dad just paid this month's bill 3days ago. He said it was somehow 3000INR or something.
I keep on getting redirected to this shit today from 3 hours
gCdzNEw.png

for many sites including torrent, private trackers, forums, downloading, Wikipedia, wikihow, torrent invites, .animenewsnetwork, anidb, Bulbapedia, pocketmonsters.net, youtube, BakabtT, animebytes, animetosho, myanimelist, nyaa, tokyotosho. imgur,etc including this site.
As I'm an big Anime fan, I usually download many animes & visit anime sites.
I used Hotspot Shield to access this forum & post this.
This is the 1st time it happened.
Does it mean that the the unlimited plans with limited high speed(200kBps) until certain 7-8GB is reached & after that you get 50-60kBps for whole remaining period in a month not exist anymore or something?
Is there anyway I can get back the above plan I mentioned above?
What should I do? Please Help!!
Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Ash Ketchum.

Last edited:
From the URL on the BSNL website you appear to be on 1mbps till 6GB after that 512kbps plan.

I don't understand, so the BSNL unlimited plans with unlimited downloading at 50-60kBps for whole month & unlimited browsing doesn't exist anymore ? :sweating:
& If I download 18-20 GB's this month after this message , the monthly bill increases more? :'(

the option on the right is supposed to let you continue to browse at slower speeds at no extra cost.

Looks like it is buggy and annoying like shit. Anything we can do?

the option on the right is supposed to let you continue to browse at slower speeds at no extra cost.
Thanks for the Info, But I'm still so confused. :/
If I choose the decline option & restart the modem ,will I be able to access those important sites I mentioned above i.e : Wikipedia, g-mail, bing, Microsoft, private torrent trackers.etc this month fully or will it be block until next month's FUP begins?

I am not sure how BSNL has programmed this shit. You would have to tell me how it behaves once you select to browse at slower speeds (FUPed speeds).

it just means that bsnl has appointed a bunch of monkeys for programming their shit.
This is such a simple thing, it should just show up once the user has crossed the fup and then the user can just chose decline option to keep using the normal speed for the rest of the month. END OF STORY.
But, only bsnl has the capability to screw it up and annoy the hell outta its user who're already putting up with their shitty costly plans...

btw, I tried logging a complaint but their own websites and portals are inaccessible due to this crap...

Back