BSNL Broadband PERSISTENTLY cheats in night 2 to 8 U/L plans

@sutarianiralI've read somewhere(dont know the source) saying they mentioned somewhere that modem/router has to be power cycled for night unlimited (after 2 and before 8). So, they are not misleading you.. They are doing in plenty of other ways.. But, If they say 'you have to power cycle', you cant complain for extra bill without restarting modem/router !

it is now who shud GTFO!!!:rofl::rofl:GOOGLE it if u need!

@sutarianiral

I've read somewhere(dont know the source) saying they mentioned somewhere that modem/router has to be power cycled for night unlimited (after 2 and before 8). So, they are not misleading you.. They are doing in plenty of other ways.. But, If they say 'you have to power cycle', you cant complain for extra bill without restarting modem/router !

@appus
dear friend, i've gone through the total T & C after reading your posts..they have no where mentioned.. even when asked, their tech support denied the fact of any such condition..

BSNL BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

GENERAL:
1. Subject to the acceptance of the application and technical feasiblity, BSNL will endeavour to provide the Broadband Service as soon as possible.
2. A Demand note will be issued to the customer for depositing the charges payable as per tariff plan selected for enabling the customer to pay the same before commencement of service.
3. The contract with BSNL for provision of Broadband Service will be for a minimum period from the date of commencement (depending upon the plan chosen) in accordance with the tariff plan opted.
4. The data rates shown as down stream or up stream are applicable only to last mile. However, BSNL shall not be responsible for lessed download speed or upload data rates caused by the accessed website status or the international gateway or the media.
5. Customers are free to choose their own modem from out of type approved models.
6. All IP addresses will be dynamic.
7. The Broadband connection will be withdrawn in case the customer surrenders BSNL telephone line.
8. Shifting of Broadband connections is subject to the technical feasibility and would be done on payment of applicable shifting charges.
9. The subscriber is required to fully comply with the provisions contained in the Indian Telegraph Act 1885, Indian Telegraph Rules and the Information Technology Act 2000 and any amendments or replacements made thereto from time to time.

OTHER CONDITIONS:
1. Billing for the service will be included in the normal b-fone bill (Landline Phone bill). The billing cycle shall be same as b-fone cycle.
2. No migration is allowed to a lower tariff plan till the expiry of the committed period.

RIGHT TO TERMINATE SERVICES:
1. BSNL reserves the right to disconnect the service to any customer in case there is sufficient evidence of the customer intentionally or unintentionally using the service in the manner which would adversaly impact BSNL or BSNL's network.
2. The customer shall be responsible for using the service only for legal and appropriate purposes.
3. BSNL reserves the right to terminate the services in the event of non-payment of bills issued by BSNL in accordance with the tariff plans opted by the customer and the extent of usage or any default on the part of the customers.

DISCLAIMER:
1. BSNL will exercise all reasonable care in providing its services, but it is not responsible for interruption in service due to power failures, equipment malfunctions, or acts of natural calamity.
2. BSNL is not responsible for subscriber's computer hardware and software or areas of the Internet not under its control. BSNL does not warrant privacy, security or efficiency of the Internet.
3. BSNL is not responsible for actions taken by its customers or others as a result of its services.
4. BSNL is not responsible for material any person (including household members of the subscriber) may receive or transmit via the Internet, or for anything bought or sold via the Internet, or for any other result of an action taken by anyone using its service.

OTHER CONDITIONS
(a) For all the plans, Dynamic IP addresses only will be given. No Static IP
addresses will be given in the initial phase.
(b) For the DIAS customers, wishing to switch to ADSL Broadband services, the
transfer of Security Deposit to ADSL is permitted.
(c) Billing for the service will be included in the normal b-fone (landline phone) bill.
The billing cycle shall be same as b-fone billing cycle. Monthly rental will be
collected in advance and usage charges will be in arrears.

At the time of issue of Demand Note, following charges are to be collected:

a) Installation charges (As applicable)
b) Advance Monthly Charges as per billing Cycle (One month/Two months)
c) Security Deposit of the Modem (If Applicable)
d) Advance monthly charges for modem
e) Refundable Security Deposit for one month charges as per the plan (As
applicable)

All the tariff plans mentioned above are in addition to the normal Monthly charges/ usage charges of the Bfone.

CONDITION FOR PROVIDING HOME PLAN OR BUSINESS PLAN
1. Either Plan can be taken by the subscribers having telephones in individual names working at homes/residences used for personal use/purpose.

2. Subscribers having telephones in the name of Company, firms, shops, educational institutes or any other commercial entity can take only Business Plan. They are not eligible for Home Plan.

3. Telephones working in individual names at commercial/ business/ office premises are also not entitled for Home Plans.

4. Home plan can be taken on Bfones in name of Government/company but actually working at residences of their employees. An undertaking shall have to be given by the customer in this regard.

The above are the ONLY exhaustive list of the terms and conditions. You might have just heard someone on forums saying that..in actual there is no condition as "power recycling" for night U/L plans..

The broadband providers are deemed to have equiped to trace the data usage before and after U/L timings..

it is now who shud GTFO!!!

GOOGLE it if u need!

@kakarott
Please, do you even think anyone gives a shit to your comments..?

Let us even consider, that there is such a stupid condition of power recycling..(which is pathetic), i've never seen pessimists like YOU who will supports the condition..and even more..would abuse someone who wants things to get the right way..

do a favor, Any help from you is not required in the topic (atleast not by me!)

@above.. I am sure i have not read the same in T&C. Otherwise i would have pointed it straight away..Yes.. there are lots of things to be improved from BSNL & many other... eg: Dishtv is not having proper control of barring the channels from the exact date of renewal.. so, they are charging grace period charges rs.25 if you dont pay in time... and, atleast now in BSNL, the session changes happens between 2-2.30 and 8-8.30.. so at max, you lose 30 min download ....Whereas previously they didnt even have these sessions .. they calculate whole download & divide by the number of hours used.. and.. etc..etc...anyways... hope they improve in coming years :D

@appus,Yes, bsnl should be improved..and they will gradually do..but that could happen soon, when some one takes initiative on taking steps on high ends against the things happening. Since there is no where in T & C and there is no specification, charging wrongly is sure an offence. There are many people suffering from this..Like a thread "BSNL cheats" the guy had the similar problem, he switched off the modem at 10am since he woke up late...and bsnl will charge him some extra 400-500 mbs.!! People have learnt to "do with" such things..they will mourn, regret, post threads..and at end will take advice to start and end in between of U/L timings...thats it.!..and they forget..then after some one else like me comes with the same problem, and that guy will again be now advising me...bsnl collects huge revenues by these malpractices..they must be charging additional to almost everyone..and there are more than 50000 connection of bsnl broadband in A'bad alone.. the first timers usually ends up paying a huge..an amount in 1000 some times..for what?..for the things they have not used? or for the ignorance of such a stupid trick of bsnl ?what do you think ? isn't bsnl aware of the thing? Yes, they are. Infact they have deliberately kept it going on without rectifying so that they can cover revenues from broadband Dept...people be awake to assure connection starts after 2, again wake up early to stop the connections, would use softwares to do the stuff. But the question is, why can't they simply GET TOGETHER TO COMPLAIN .?

atleast now in BSNL, the session changes happens between 2-2.30 and 8-8.30.. so at max, you lose 30 min download ....Whereas previously they didnt even have these sessions .. they calculate whole download & divide by the number of hours used.. and.. etc..etc...
Preveiously also they were showing the "session changes" at/near boundaries of "free usage time" but since u r not rebooting ur modem urself after 02:00 AM so they(BSNL) can say(show) that since ur modem was started in non-free time so u have to pay for the entire session/connection's data usage.

On that day they might show the session as 01:00-02:30 or 01:08:00, and u have to pay for the full session usage.
they don't do this daily, but they have done this with many BSNL users, and who knows - u might be their next target!!!.

what do you think ? isn't bsnl aware of the thing? Yes, they are. Infact they have deliberately kept it going on without rectifying so that they can cover revenues from broadband Dept...
This is TODAYS BUSINESS..., they r perfect BUSINESS MAN...

people be awake to assure connection starts after 2, again wake up early to stop the connections, would use softwares to do the stuff. But the question is, why can't they simply GET TOGETHER TO COMPLAIN .?
did u really think u can COMPLAIN? against a Govt Agency - and u Win???

Wise People can always use s/w's for rebooting the modem at 02:00,02:15...
see threads:
Bridge Mode : https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/26906-dataone-broadband-connection-night-free-manager-download/
PPOE Mode : https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/33343-ultimate-night-free-usage-manager/

nethack,if the the cheat can be proved public against consumer court..bsnl HAS to cure things... but leave it..its not for you people..you all will just be in fear that "no way anythings gonna happen, we'll have to live with this" .. it doesn't matter if bsnl is a govt. unit.. there have been many redrassels before to govt. PSUs as banks, IT depts , Electricity boards n even bsnl/mtnl.... genuine cases have always won ... but many would not even like to give a try ...In early stages of launch, bsnl had debited WHOLE night u/l charge in my frnds a/c just because he started connection before 2am n ended after 8am... guess what ? on fighting he got it ALL reversed ...

@sutarianiral,
I am not having a differnt openion than u, but I assume u r having an underestimated view of:
1> Govt. Units Powers (direct + indirect)
2> Our Judiciary Systems.

In early stages of launch, bsnl had debited WHOLE night u/l charge in my frnds a/c just because he started connection before 2am n ended after 8am
this is not just an old story, it can happen today also (WHOLE NIGHT FINED)

on fighting he got it ALL reversed ...
Can u confirm from ur frnd "why he did'nt gone to Judiciary System" to put an end on this Cheat!!!
may be his answer could clarify some behind the scene complexities.

i personally dnt use a bsnl bb but many of my friends have told me the bsnl clock is not exact it arrives late and quits early:wall:

BSNL does not cheat, they just make things difficult by not showing the server time on their dataone webpage. But users with common sense can check usage and the deduce the BSNL clock wrt to their own computer time.Why blame BSNL for user error.

Back