BSNL Broadband: Port Forwarding A Ut-300r2u

well yeah of course it could be try disabling the firewall and then checking it.. strangely im using the same modem and i tried creating virtual servers and my torrent client would always show dht firewalled.. however, when i started using my modem in dmz mode, it started working fine.. go figure :rolleyes: so try that too

i did that port forwarding.. and maybe utorrent had its problems.. but.. bitcomet.. whoa!! man.. does that rock or what!! brilliant speeds.. somehow it configures stuff in the modem too.. nice..thanks mate.. u saved atleast a 100 hrs of slow downloads!

I have the similar problems with UT-300R2Ucan you tell me which option is better for port forwarding...bridge mode, dmz, virtual server??

i've used both dmz and virtual server! but.. make sure u have a nice firewall like sygate..bridge mode seems to be the most simplest.. cuz.. u dont have to configure much.. but.. guess it depends on u..

bridge mode eliminates the need for port forwarding (forwards all ports) for any program that u may be running on ur computer. Additionally, it also helps u in scheduling ur connection i.e. u can easily connect and disconnect at specific time using the windows task scheduler or other task scheduling program by creating a dialer on ur system

DMZ stand for demilitarised zone and exposes all the ports (forwards all ports) on one computer/device connected to ur router to the internet. SO if u want to use PPPoE/A mode which utilizes NAT and u have problem with port forwarding using DMZ could resolve the issue.

Virtual server helps in forwarding selected ports to the internet.

What u want to use is really ur own choice.

Disadvantage of bridged mode is that u cannot connect more than one device to the router and get simultaneous connectivity as u would get in PPPoA/E mode..but if u have a single computer attached to router there in no reason why not to use bridged mode.

for tutorial on how to configure bridge mode in UT300r2U and also how to schedule connection and disconnection see the following link

https://broadband.forum/index.php?showtop...=49304%EF%BF%BD

thanks for your reply...... I am using virtual servers and it works nicely now...thanks

I have just now brought my MTNL connection. My friend says that I should do port forwarding. he says that his maximum speed was 600kBps but when I did it my speeds decreased and it did not go above 20kb earlier without any thing it was 50-100 kBps .Then I heard about bridged mode then I did some mistake then that MTNL guy came and fixed it.What is bridged mode and if u guys get more speed then bridged mode then please explain me step by step what should i do. I am new in this stuff. I use Azureus now I am getting speed below 20kBps please some one help I am SICK :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:i HAVE TAKEN MTNL 590NU PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/members/national/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
"Bridged" mode means you have to enter your User ID and Password in a dialer ( Wanminiport) everytime you want to connect.
In this condition all PORTS are available , for viruses/spyware/trojans etc.
You should use a good AntiVirus program and Firewall like Zone Alarm.
Para TWO :'ALWAYS ON". Your UserId and Password are entered in the modem and you connect immediately. Now when you open 192.168.1.1/main.html in the modem menu you should get some Advanced menu having Virtual servers / special applications/ port forwarding etc. Usual complaint for Ut300R2U it is not seen !
Here you do Port Forward for your special torrent site/s.
See the WIKI page for details .Ut 300r2u - India Broadband Wiki
Try to improve speed with connection Booster program from www. trafficzapper. com ( no
space)
PS: If Home 590NU ( MTNL) is 256Kbps speed :32 KB/sec D/L maximum possible. 1 MB file in 30 sec approx.
...................................is 512Kbps speed :64 KB/sec D/L maximum possible. 1MB file in 15 sec approx

Earlier my speed on Azureus used to be nearly 40-60kBps but now since i did some mistake or scam speed has decreased. When that MTNL guy came he typed my phone number and CA NO AS ADMIN AND PASSWORD but when I try it dosent work but when I type Admin It worked what do u use for your torrents what do you speed do you get?can you guide me please ?????????? bridged mode hoe do you set it up ????plZZZZZZZZZZthanks for your reply :)

earlier it used to take nearll 1 night for a movie to download but now it takes over a week ! what is there in the site u gave plz check it . what should i do going there plz help me:cry: now in azureus the speed increases for some time and then it becomes 0 throught night plz help:wall::wall::wall::wall:

Back