BSNL Broadband: Some queries regarding port binding

• Thread starter Thread starter cranky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 12,457

cranky

ISP
bsnl
I have some questions regarding this port binding, its a long list :)1> Is it possible for bsnl to find out that a person is using another person's account, if the targeted person didn't complain? (coz my friend shares his 900 plan connection with me)2> Should we request for port binding or is the bsnl does it by themselves? 3> How can i know if mine or other person's account is port bound?4> If port binding is enabled for my account, that means other person cannot use my account, but can I use other's account?5> Does this problem even exist on other providers (airtel, tata, reliance......) ?6> Does bsnl actually know this flaw exist? :confused: is it true that they are port binding connections in a phased manner?

1. yes ofcourse its possible but that depends on whether they run these types of checks regularly or not2. BSNL does it by default for a lot of connections..i think u can request for it too..BSNL users can guide u better here3. If an account is port bound to a particular line it can only be used from that line and not from any other.4. Yes, if his account is not port bound5. It definitely exists on MTNL6. Flaw? its supposed to be a security feature..ofcourse they know it exists DSLAM dont start configuring by themselves !

@cyberwiz
Flaw? its supposed to be a security feature..ofcourse they know it exists DSLAM dont start configuring by themselves !

I mean about the easy way to use other's account, not port binding :)

I have one more question, similar to 1st one (I came to know about using other's account just recently & wanted to ask this) :
> Is the usage of other ppl account common? I mean, knowing that this can be done, do u guys use unknown person's account frequently (or once in a while)? I mean, u can get some 900 plan account & no loss for both of u :confused:

PS: sorry for those who strongly feel its bad to use other's account, but had to ask this!

AFAIK most unltd account are port bound both in MTNL and BSNL so they cant be used from another line..but BSNL has a pan india presence...maybe they are not strict with port binding in rural, semi-urban areas..

@cyberwiz,please mail me step by step procedure how to use my friend account, because he allow me to use when he is out of station and i have his id/ username and password also. his plan is unlimited.email : [email protected]

You can use only from his telephone connection. in his house.

His house is far from my house i'm in block C & his in block G. some are saying that i can get connected from my landline. I've also seen before doing so that one of my friend is also connecting using his landline with my friend's unlimited broadband, now he is also out of station and can't get contact with him.

His house is far from my house i'm in block C & his in block G. some are saying that i can get connected from my landline. I've also seen before doing so that one of my friend is also connecting using his landline with my friend's unlimited broadband, now he is also out of station and can't get contact with him.

If you (C) are using your BSNL connection from Your Phone line in Dialer Mode
( entering USERID/PW in windows screen )
enter your friend's (A) User ID and Password.
As you claim you should get connected.
Or get an extension telphone line from his phone/ or another friend (B)
( who claims he is using the friend A's u/l plan ).
If Friend " " A uses wireless and keeps his wif router on,
all knowing his SSID , ( within reasonable distance )
and Security key can access his account in WIFI mode.

As my problem is I've told my friend that I'll pay half of his bills whenever he is out of station now there is no other solution to get connected from my line. So, I decided to make a clear solution that I've to connect a line from his house upto my house. I think this will ssolved the solution and wait to contact my other friend who knows how to do this connection and i'll post to everybody those who intrested.

As my problem is I've told my friend that I'll pay half of his bills whenever he is out of station now there is no other solution to get connected from my line. So, I decided to make a clear solution that I've to connect a line from his house upto my house. I think this will ssolved the solution and wait to contact my other friend who knows how to do this connection and i'll post to everybody those who intrested.

It is not rocket science !
You have to get a parallel telephone connection RJ11 cable to your room .
both of you cannot connect at the same time . ( B) and (C) ( disconnect modem when not in use )

(C): yourself (A) absentee friend ( B) another friend
When (A) comes back only one of you can connect. and surf. ( hope he has disconnected the rj11 to his modem )
mention distance height involved > (A) to (B) (B) to (C) or

(A) to ( C) Block C to Block G. ( ground floor 2nd floor etc )

Back