Some queries regarding Excitel router/ONT?

• Thread starter Thread starter akashk07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 7,017
@nishantt6969
So, no way now?
sadly will have to live without DNS, USB, and no way to remove excitel.net SSID either?

there is a group on telegram, in that group one guy wrote tutorial to remove that ssid. @Sushubh please help him with group link.

it's basically using inspect element in browser to change the html code of the page to enable the disable feature for the ssid they force on their wifi devices. it works on some models.

the only telegram i know of is
Source

AFAIK, if you login via the admin credentials of the router, which the guy installing uses, you can disable the advertising SSID.
I had an excitel connection and had disabled it.

Asked for a dumb router to enable load balancing and fail over, but told me to take a new connection with a new mobile number as no changes can be made to existing one. Their support is horrible.

I was able to remove the excitel.com ssid by setting wlanDisabled=1 (there are multiple options like this, I modified the one which belonged to the excitel ssid) in config.xml and then doing a restore from the admin ui -> Device Management -> Backup/restore.

I got the config.xml by opening browser's devtools, then uncovering a hidden button named "Backup" in the backup/restore section.

As to my knowledge which i am trying to do for a long time. You can setup NAS at home or say your local cloud which can be accessed by anyone on the same network. I also have USB support and router also detects it (from green LED). But I can't any option which says NAS or USB to setup my ftp server. If anyone was able to find please let me know. I dont think Excitel supportive team will help me with that. Because they don't even know if their router supports DNS changing or Port Forwarding. I had to find myself

Back