BSNL Broadband: VMC AN1020-21 download stops every few seconds

• Thread starter Thread starter zapdl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 19,332
Even after the changes made in the ADSL Configuration the problem remains as it is,

To make matters simple I have downloaded a file using both routers.

Download using New Router VMC AN1020-21
A download from Cnet.com, using Firefox with extension DownthemAll and Flashgot, see the Graph how it stops and then starts. Also see the elapsed time 01:43 min for the 3.94 MB downloaded, Average speed 30.0 KB/s.

Here is the Speedtest.net result for new router

Download using Old Router Smartax MT880
The same download from cnet.com using same Firefox with same extension DownthemAll and Flashgot, See the uninterrupted graph, also see the elapsed time 00:39 min for the 6.51 MB downloaded, Average speed 182.1 KB/s.

Here is the Speedtest.net result for old router

have you checked/enabled the 'bit-swap' option in dsl settings ?

ok, I found the bit swap option in AnnexeA Attributes of the ADSL Configuration Page, it is already enabled

what is the dsl modulation type selected in the old modem ??pl select same modulation in the two modems & post your snr margin & attenuation readings of both.....

yeah same here..no use of given solution..d prob persist.n even if we keep d same modulation fr both modem, still prob is der..i hv tried it out.

pls post the snr margin & attenuation values.is it possible for you to check your new modem at a friend's place ??

SNR margin and other values r between good n excellent. SNR (Downstream) 27.5 dB SNR (Upstream) 16 dB Line Attentuation(Downstream) 39.0 dB Line Attentuation(Upstream) 19.0 dB checked it at my relatives's place also..problem persist.n bsnl r not xchanging d modem!!!!

have u already tried resetting your modem ?
Is the problem present in bridge/dialer mode also ?

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

bsnl r not xchanging d modem!!!!

they wont.... bunch of non-technical bums... the public sector seldom has any accountability...

Back