BSNL Customer Care Clown Moment 🤡

• Thread starter Thread starter IRIE
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 4,059
@tr1k0N4 did you clone MAC address in XZ000-G3 v1? I have ordered a XZ000-G3 v2 for my NetPlus connection. I heard v2 is pretty locked up

No, I didn't clone any MAC in G3 v1 as there's no such option in it and more importantly , there's no need of doing it in the bridge mode device.
MAC address only needs to be cloned in the device where you request the IP from, i.e. your router.
And why did you order G3 v2 specifically?

Because XZ000-G3 V1 is not available anywhere which I was originally planning to buy. It's out of stock everywhere. So the only alternate I could found (suggested here Using TP-Link XZ000-G3 V2 as ONU for Excitel) was XZ000-G3 V2 with updated firmware. I don't know if updated firmware will bring those settings back (where you can set Vendor ID, Serial Number, ONT Number, etc). My current ONU (ZTE F660) is completely locked so I am forced to try alternatives :/

Apparently, G3 v1 is out of stock on starcomp too, now.
And you don't need any locked settings to make it work with Netplus. Simply clone the GPON SN and that's pretty much it on the GPON terminal, like I must have mentioned earlier somewhere as well.
Netplus uses the same VLAN for VoIP and data so all that can be taken care of in the router.

Yes. I see, it will arrive next week and I’ll test and share my findings with you. So just copying the GPON SN (without HEX conversion will work?) will get the job done? Cool if that is so. Yes VLAN is same for INTERNET and VoIP. So then only thing required from router will be cloning the MAC address of ZTE on the router and it will get working, right? Thank you for all the help :)

You need 16-digit GPON SN, for G3 v1 & v2.
So ZTEG will be 5A544547 and then the rest 8 digits of your SN.

And yes, as far as steps are concerned, that's pretty much it!
Do share your findings as well.

Had a PON light blinking from 12 noon till about 5 pm yesterday after which I thought of contacting the LCO to have this rectified. He had it done in about 20-25 mins. Sometimes BSNL amazes me. On one hand their awful reputation for QoS and customer service and then on the other hand you have this LCO guy who goes out of his way to get it fixed. He told me 'Sir anytime you notice a problem, send me a WA message and I will attend to it' Now that's what I call customer focus. Very critical as going through the call centre would have sent this whole thing into a loop.

Each time I feel like disconnecting my BSNL connection this bloke makes me sit back and think again. I credit him for retaining me as a customer till today.

Now for speeds - apparently in my residential area the max offered is 300 Mbps as of now but they are in the process of upgrading their infra to offer up to 1 gig. Not that I intend taking 1 Gbps unless its cost effective. Right now the charges, from all ISPs, for 1G speed are a rip off in this age.

ACT has started in a few places in Pune (I think PCMC/Wakad?) and they have juicy/spicy 1gbit pricing. Hope they can spread out to entire Pune and who knows if the top tier ISPs will reduce their 1gbit pricing to some extent as a result.

@Chip it's Jio but seems decent. I've kept it as backup so don't use it all the time. I have been occassionally using it during rains and no issues.

Back