BSNL CUSTOMER CARE WORST

• Thread starter Thread starter mipham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,956
^^ Actually aprat from Airtel ,BSNL has best cc in my area atleast. I have had just 3 downtimes and two of them were for 5 minutes . You just have to complaint only through selfcare portal and the max time they take is 12 working hours. Thats not bad but again it depends from Area to Area. But in Faridabad they have excellent CC in my opinion. Not as good as airtel but they come a close second.

Their ground support is fairly good and I know the local guys after being a customer for nearly 8 years now (on their broadband plan) and probably many more years on pure landline when the mobile phone era had not arrived say 20-25 years back.

The problems are sort of partially resolved but not fully. Even after sort of fixing the lines, the phone goes dead or noisy in a couple of days. And nowadays line noise is there all the time even when the lineman fixes the line. I do not mean even normal noise but such huge noise that I cannot use my line to make calls even if I wanted. The noise/sound in the line is even more than the dial tone. And this is now a 24x7x365 days feature and is there even when the lineman fixes the line. That is what I suspect is one of the main reason why my lines and internet go bad continuously. In my phone connection, the DSL goes off in every slight weather change. If there is a slight wind, the DSL starts fluctuating; if there is rain, the DSL and internet does not work properly; if there is thunder, if there is xyz weather the lines become bad. Even when it is the best of weather with perfectly temperate climate, then too the phone becomes bad at times. As I said, huge line noise is now a 24x7x365 feature especially since the last year or so. And in my place, monsoon is long and takes place anywhere between 4-6 months a year. So, the problem only increases for me.

The support is fast but again I get irritated a bit as I almost need to pay a bribe every time to the lineman and he has now got a habit of taking the bribe. Nowadays, I need to pay upto 4-5 times or more a month as the line becomes terrible every few days. The phone was dead for 4 days and just came back yesterday but by night night time the internet again went dead (the internet lights on the router stopped working altogether) but the internet lights came back in the morning. Previously, the linemen used to demand Rs.200 to Rs.300 minimum for fixing the lines and once when my mom asked for how long will the lines remain steady, one of the lineman said they cannot guarantee even a single day and we would need to pay again the next day if the lines go bad. This just gets irritating as I need to spend a lot of money even in bribes to get the lines fixed otherwise they take ages to fix the line. Nowadays, I am giving Rs.100 each time as the lines are becoming bad at least 1-2 times a week and I cannot afford to pay a thousand bucks just on their fixing charges.

Believe me it gets shit irritating when this keeps on happening year after year. As I say, I still love BSNL. Even yesterday, I paid not only my bill but also applied for a broadband plan upgrade from my 1445 existing plan to the 2091 80 GB FUP plan launched last week. I just want a fcking stable connection. I am willing or rather planning to upgrade to the 2841 175 GB FUP 8Mbps plan (I have checked my bills today and I normally spend only 30-40GB per month as I noticed but still do not mind upgrading to a very high plan) too soon if I the broadband works flawlessly and I do not get this shit load of lineman fixing charges and other headaches. If nothing else happens, the BSNL servers in my region has been slow or down at least 10 times in the last few months.

You would probably understand my mental agony and why BSNL gets on my nerves if you were in my situation. I trust BSNL as a provider but their super shitty unstable broadband just pisses the hell out of me.

The only relief that I see is that one of the top BSNL officers in my exchange has promised to fix my lines somewhat permanently (hope so) around October November time by digging up the underground lines in my area/road and checking the connections. That time would be dry and so, hopefully they will be able to locate the lines. In fact, BSNL lost nearly a dozen connections a few years ago in my road due to some underground line cuts. Most of the customers disconnected their lines as the landlines were dead for years but many of them request BSNL to provide connection even today. They might also get many new customers as many new flats and buildings are being built in my road. Hope that something good happens. They just want me to guard them and stand by their site as the localite/local guy in case someone complains about the road digging. A few years ago, they had dug large pits on the road in monsoon in the middle of the road making cars fall in those holes. So, they had received some complaints. I have advised them to dig holes near the sides of roads and possibly not near turnings where cars might easily fall. They agree and and I willingly agreed to be the local support and stand for the whole day to get my lines fixed.

I am not sure how but the reliance Mukesh 4G/fiber lines were laid without digging any huge holes. I am not sure how that was done but they only dug one small hole around 20 metres apart and passed the lines through that. Probably BSNL also needs to use the same technology in the future. But for now, I seriously hope the lines are fixed soon and I have some relief from BSNL. The plans of BSNL are moving in the right direction and I hope their services also move in the same direction.

Back