• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,916
Status
Not open for further replies.

sujtih

ISP
bsnl evdo (wireless)
well basically,i bought the damn thing and it sux.i live in cochin and the speed sux big time and i live like 2 kms from the city,and the signal strength is always shown as full strength,so weak strength is not an issue.the max i've ever done is 1mbps.and that happened when i was sitting inside the bsnl office complainin bout the poor speeds:S.i get only 0-100kbps 95% of the time.and speed flexes A LOT!!!one second it'll be 400 or 500 kbps(when i'm lucky) and the nxt second i'll b getting 50kbps.another problem is that when i'm downloadin via utorrent and not browsing,the speed goes to zero,and stays there!! its only been 2 weeks since i got this thing and i,for one,am done with it:frown:!!!not like i can get rid of it either,i BOUGHT THE DAMN THING!!!:@so long story short,my advice to ppl wantin to buy the evdo thingy-this thing works in some places,and in some places only,so dont go out and buy the thing,rent it out first,try it out all over your house,and then if it works well,go purchase it outright(yeah you can purchase it after renting it first).remember,whatever happens,DO NOT BUY IT BEFORE RENTING IT OUT AND TRYING IT OUT AT HOME.trust me,i regret wasting 3.6g on this thing.:cry:

Damn. :|

dats actually true.da speeds not da same evrywhere.so better check up b4 takin.luckily i get decent enof speeds at my place.dats abt 1 mbps almost always.so m pretty much happy.also what i would like to mention is that here, in bhubaneswar(Orissa) after a lot f ppl actually complained in the BSNL office of poor speeds and all in their locality, now it has been made mandatory that before issuing an EVDO card on rent or on purchase, a written statement has to be got from the SDO of ur area stating that actually there is good enof EVDO connectivity in the area, which is given after a guy from bsnl goes and checks da signal strength and connectivity in ur house with an EVDO card.

@ partha_simple

i jus wish that something like that had happened before i got mine.1 mbps is awesome.i've hit 1 mbps only twice so far.:frown:i get around 150-200 kbps when browsing but on utorrent its virtually dead.i dont know why this happens!do you use utorrent??how is it for you??

actually this evdo thing is the best connection available today,coz it gives upto 2 mbps speeds,and its unlimited:D!all other connections charge a lot for an unlimited connection.and as the cherry on top,its wireless!hmm.....now only if i could get your kinda speeds.:cry

https://www.speedtest.net

thiss is the bullshit speed i'm getting!!!!

I second it.In my case I hardly get two bars, and the speed hardly reach 150 - 200 kbps, though I used to get around 1Mbps rarely few months back. the worst thing is that once in a while this will loose the EVDO signal and automatically swith over to CDMA 1X. What ever I am trying to download will break. I will start redownloading and suddenly the EVDO signal comes back, again breaking the download. Really sad about it. Need to talk to the BSNL authority.

thats the most interesting part bout my connection.range is always full,but no speed:cry:!!irritating as hell!!!@ItsMe,if yours is rented you can always return it(unlike me:wall:).the guy at bsnl cochin also sed that in case of purchase,if u've used it for only a few days,they'll adjust it and return your cash!!but i guess not everyone will be willing to do that.

@ SujtihI have 4 bars almost always.and i have evn touched 2+ Mbps speeds many a times and unlike some evn if the speeds drop it doesnt get dissconnected.So lucky me.And in torrents the max i have got is abt 140-150 kBps.But frm direct download sources which have good servers like Microsoft and Sun microsystems, speeds can easily reach 2 Mbps. :thumbsup: :happy: :thumbsup:

well last week,after getting really irritated,i went and made a huge fuss:frown: at the bsnl office,and it seems the problem is that in my area,there are too many users connected to the main tower,and so they're putting up more towers in the surrounding areas which should reduce the load on the main tower.i've been advised to hold onto the connection for another month and wait till all the towers have come up.as fr the insanely low utorrent speeds(0-10kbps) i get,i've been told by the bsnl guy that i have to install a download accelerater!!!i have no idea how these things work:huh:,so can somebody pls tell me if they're actually worth the effort??

thats the most interesting part bout my connection.range is always full,but no speed:cry:!!irritating as hell!!!

@ItsMe,

if yours is rented you can always return it(unlike me:wall:).the guy at bsnl cochin also sed that in case of purchase,if u've used it for only a few days,they'll adjust it and return your cash!!but i guess not everyone will be willing to do that.

Mine is also not rented.... :wall: . Anyway i am planning to visit the BSNL office one day. Let them decide.

as fr the insanely low utorrent speeds(0-10kbps) i get,i've been told by the bsnl guy that i have to install a download accelerater!!!i have no idea how these things work:huh:,so can somebody pls tell me if they're actually worth the effort??

any torrent application has in-built download accelerator if there are sufficient seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back