BSNL EVDO Broadband: How come evdo cheaper then wired broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutarianiral

ISP
BSNL Home 500
Bsnl gives evdo U/L 2mbps at just 550/month..

i didnt believed it until i myself inquired at bsnl CC..

now how come this is practical .?.. the wired broadband offers U/L at 750/month (that too with 256kbps) ..

while wireless evdo u/l at a surprising cheaper rates !..

even wireless 1x connections of reliance and tatas come at 1500/month for U/L usage...

and bsnl gives at just 550/month..

how are they providing so cheap ?

also has anyone tried evdo in ahmedabad ?

PS: hey everyone..my first post.. ;)

At first glance, many of the people start asking the same question that you have asked here. There's LOT of difference between theoretical speeds and practical speeds.

Just go through the other EVDO threads in this forum and you'll understand what I am trying to say. See the speed test screen shots members have posted.

Also read this - post. :whistle:

Evdo is wireless agreed but it's surely not broadband...it's wireless dialup..that's the simplest answer you can get

Evdo is wireless agreed but it's surely not broadband...it's wireless dialup..that's the simplest answer you can get

Lol, yes absn bro. That is really a simplest answer as claiming to provide 2mbps. :hysterical:

PS: I think to provide competition to BSNL in EVDO and Wired Broadband area other providers should also give 8mbps UL plans. Afterall, who tells you to provide it, keep it to 20-30kBps and keep on claiming 8mbps.

Most important part is first to get a Agreement of 3 Months or 6 get signed before giving connection so that when customer will realize the reality of the connection, he will still have to stick to it and wait for the agreement time to expire so that he can return it. :confused:

screenshots show speeds vary between 300kbps to 1000kbps..now on wireless this seems to be descent.. comparing 1x connections who just have 144kbps (like reliance/tata) . .arent reliance guys facing any competition due to evdo .? . cos evdo gives cheaper u/l then reliance's u/l on 1x(1500/m) ..also evdo's speed is better..

lol 8mbps unlimited at 850 suppose...and people will be flooding all forums saying..I AM GETTING 22-25KBPS ON PEAK HOURS AND SOMETIMES MY SPEED GOES TO 1100kBPS download..but average is 22..

by the way evdo screenshots are scary sometimes..look at the 1x signal and the speed..no need 2 tell it's a device fault--http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strangekf5.jpghttp://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php

:hysterical:

i've seen some screenshots .. the speed very rarely go below 300kbps.. and varies between 300kbps-1200kbps.. that can surely be called fast..so why no hype and competition against those slow datacards of reliance & tatas..?and how can you tell evdo a wireless dial-ups.. reliance/tata datacards are wireless dialups..they just give speeds of 144kbps.. may be evdo would be giving slow speeds..but is that what evdo is meant to be..i mean. are evdo like that only .? . or just its because of bsnl's low infrastructure and low resources ?..

Without creating a proper infrastructure they launched the service prematurely. EVDO performance is deteriorating day by day, it worked best during it's early days when users were not much. Since they have not improved the capacity of their towers so it's causing a lots of troubles when many users login at the same time.

They are here to make profit by providing their services. There is just one simple reason, is it feasible for BSNL to give promised 2mbps at Rs 550/- a month ?

If it really happens, does not everyone having broadband will abandon their connection and take evdo instead ? BSNL guys aren't fool they are indeed very smart people of communication industry otherwise being a Govt. Corporation, how come they are making huge profits ?

They blocked port forwarding of evdo because they knew main data will gather from torrenting only. And believe me nobody is getting decent speed all the time. What we need is speed during torrenting and not during doing small http downloads because files on http are few and selected.

They are charging Rs 200/- for rent of evdo modem and not like Rs 60 or 90 of Dataone Modem. They knew performance of EVDO will vary highly from person to person so they got 3 Month of Minimum Hire Period Agreement signed from us.

Sad part is that, now it looks like they aren't going to concentrate much on CDMA 3G Services (EVDO) but on GSM 3G Service which they have launched recently in Pune on pilot basis, same thing claiming 2mbps UL at Rs 750/- a month and in coming months when it will be launched catch will remain the same.

The people who will only benefit from this will be the one in whose area users of the services will remain few.

Now, my speed varies between 5-15KBps, so it's no better than my GPRS connection. :confused:

agree with u pal, so again one more time - does anyone in Bangalore near Vijaynagar/Mudalapalya area get good speed on EVDO ?

Without creating a proper infrastructure they launched the service prematurely. EVDO performance is deteriorating day by day, it worked best during it's early days when users were not much. Since they have not improved the capacity of their towers so it's causing a lots of troubles when many users login at the same time.

They are here to make profit by providing their services. There is just one simple reason, is it feasible for BSNL to give promised 2mbps at Rs 550/- a month ?

If it really happens, does not everyone having broadband will abandon their connection and take evdo instead ? BSNL guys aren't fool they are indeed very smart people of communication industry otherwise being a Govt. Corporation, how come they are making huge profits ?

They blocked port forwarding of evdo because they knew main data will gather from torrenting only. And believe me nobody is getting decent speed all the time. What we need is speed during torrenting and not during doing small http downloads because files on http are few and selected.

They are charging Rs 200/- for rent of evdo modem and not like Rs 60 or 90 of Dataone Modem. They knew performance of EVDO will vary highly from person to person so they got 3 Month of Minimum Hire Period Agreement signed from us.

Sad part is that, now it looks like they aren't going to concentrate much on CDMA 3G Services (EVDO) but on GSM 3G Service which they have launched recently in Pune on pilot basis, same thing claiming 2mbps UL at Rs 750/- a month and in coming months when it will be launched catch will remain the same.

The people who will only benefit from this will be the one in whose area users of the services will remain few.

Now, my speed varies between 5-15KBps, so it's no better than my GPRS connection. :confused:

Yea..sounds totally right..they should be hit hard by the private players..i can't believe how they shamelessly claim to get speed upto 2mbps..

and thats what amused me .. how can 2mbps U/L be in just 550/month .!!!??? feasibility .??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back