• Thread starter Thread starter pmadhan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 118,304

pmadhan

Regular
ISP
BSNL FTTH and Airtel Xtreme
Anyone has information if BSNL's Data Services using Internet Connect Card on CDMA has been launched ?

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd- Latest News

The news item is 2 months old and no BSNL official in Bangalore seems to have a clue as to when it's going to be available.

Thanks,
Madhan.

Looks like not much information is available on this. Checked with BSNL exchange again today ... still no one has any idea.

That's good information. Thank you Seshu. So, looks like EVDO is still to be launched. Hope it's worth the wait.

Thanks for the info seshu .

However,the following link says : "However, during roaming the said Internet connectivity will not work at present" .
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd- Latest News

It means you can only access this service fixed to a particular place and not when moving from one state to another.

Secondly,if I subscribe to this service whenever it comes I can get rid of my phone line wire or will the phone line continue to be there ?

Further will this BSNL Internet Connect Card be fixed to a particular phone number or not ?

Is there any way to get completely wireless plus receive above 2 Mbps signal as well as phone signal ?

Will BSNL allow existing broadband customers to upgrade to the EVDO technology ?

Sorry for the long query but I hope someone could help .

Regards,

Farmboy

First @Seshu, thank you for mentioning my website, I mean

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited - BSNL Data Card - High Speed Internet - Anywhere - Home Page

I am using the BSNL data card for the last few weeks and I will try my level best to answer the queries based on my experience .

Coming back to the qns

1. Will BSNL allow existing broadband customers to upgrade to the EVDO technology ?

Actually, both are different. BSNL broadband is wired and not wireless. BSNL data card is wireless and CDMA based. Same for the EVDO which they will be introducing soon. So theres nothing like an upgrade as both are different, use different infrastructure and different technologies. In short, upgrade not possible.

2.Is there any way to get completely wireless plus receive above 2 Mbps signal as well as phone signal ?

Theoretically - yes. EVDO should provide speed above 2.4 Mbps and it wil lbe 100% wireless. In real, the speed may vary but not too much. So you can surely expect wireless broadband on the move with BSNL EVDO

And yes, BSNL data card support voice. You can make / receive phone calls, send / receive sms.

3. Further will this BSNL Internet Connect Card be fixed to a particular phone number or not ?

Yes, it will be. Basically the card will have a number associated with it. This is similar to all other service providers. For BSNL data card, the card will have a number thats same as WLL (BSNL's FWP)

4. if I subscribe to this service whenever it comes I can get rid of my phone line wire or will the phone line continue to be there ?

There is no phone line associated with it. Its all wireless which workes in CDMA network. And there is no phone too, just the data card. BSNL normal phone and BSNL data card are not connected in any way.

5.you can only access this service fixed to a particular place and not when moving from one state to another

Yes, eventhough I am using it, I couldn't test it on roaming, so I am not very sure, but I will post details on roaming very soon.

For those who are interested in BSNL data card - the local tel exchnge people may not have a clue as not much details are sent to them. You can try contacting the nearest BSNL commercial office / DGM for checking availability / coverage.

Thank you, please feel free to post any questions and I will be glad to answer if I know

BSNL customer from Kerala.

Hello Razor Chief,

Thanks for the response and for the info on the new wireless technology by BSNL.

Now I have better idea of what this new technology is.

You have written :
In short, upgrade not possible.
By upgrading what I meant was :will it be easy for broadband subscribers to "migrate" to the EVDO card ?Will BSNL allow this migration hassle free ?

And yes, BSNL data card support voice. You can make / receive phone calls, send / receive sms.
Is the mic/headphone provided along with card ?If so is the cost included in Rs 4500 or extra ?

For BSNL data card, the card will have a number thats same as WLL (BSNL's FWP)
Will BSNL allow easy surrender of the existing Bphone for migrating to the new technology ?
I have never used a WLL so I have no idea what the WLL number is like .

I will post details on roaming very soon.
Yes,please keep us posted on your experience of roaming with the BSNL data card since the technology has started in Kerala much before Punjab.

Further will the BSNL Data Card work within the same circle .For example,within Kerala telecom circle will a person be able to access internet through this card both at Cochin and Trivandrum ? or at a fixed place only ?

Perhaps someone in Kerala Telecom Deptt may be able tell about this since the Punjab telecom has no clue on this .

By the way does FWP mean "Fixed Wireless" ?

Regards,

Farmboy

Looks like the EVDO Service has been launched in Bangalore. Anyone having first hand info, can you please post the upldate ?Thanks,

Back