BSNL Internet Connect Card

• Thread starter Thread starter pmadhan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 118,305
Indeed, but I'm talking about 2.4 mbps EVDO card only. It has been launched in Blr and available at the Customer Service Centres it seems. Expect not more than 600 kbps on that. Still, that's a good deal for 250 unlimited. Check with your area Customer Service Center if it's available.Regards,

- Got the evdo card in rental option to evaluate. Lets see how it goes. Waiting for it to be activated, which might take a day or two.- Already have a WLL Connection and that signal seem ok, which looks like is a good test for how well evdo will work.- Problem seen on the WLL phone - you can never reach the phone dialing into it - but calling out using that phone almost always works.- Keeping the fingers crossed. Will keep the list upated, as I have more news.

I got a tata data card which has some sorta tata sim card. Can i use this with bsnl?n.. if i take a connection in bangalore? Can i use it in the same state, but another city eg Mysore ?

- Don't think you can use the tata data card with BSNL WLL sim. Because, in the card I got, though there is a provision for inserting a sim, they said, that's unused and the number and necessary information is programmed on the card.- As of using it in other cities, it may be possible, as I found in the TN Circle BSNL announcement - they said evdo card can be used many cities.

Last day I called up to the bsnl customer care centre, Bangalore.(No.3,I FloorBDA ComplexKoramangalaBangalore-34 Mrs.Shashikala (SDE) Ph: 25505500 2553335525533358) The call was transferred to three ppl and none of them had gud idea abt this card. They say it costs around 400 + 250 per month!!!(I know, this is not the case.....) B'lore guys, any updates....

Hi PplGood News: Today afternoon i went to the customer service centre , kmngla, blore and got a cdma 2000 EVDO net connect card. Its a black and sleek looking device with a well designed antenna. A USB Connect is provided with it which (i think)can be used to connect it to two machines at one go. Its manufactured by ZTE,China.:yahoo: Bad News: Its still not outside the box. Dint get time to connect. BSNL Officials said that if WLL phone works in your area then most probably this should work. :redface: Fingers crossed. It will take 24Hrs to activate. Will update after use.

hey....thanks for the news....Wat about the charges man....Its actually a PCMIA card na....does it have a USB port also???? give an update as soon as u start using it dude...!!!

Nope. Its not a PCMIA card. Its pure and simple USB :DCharges: 1500 deposit. Monthly: 450+200200 is the rent for the card. You can buy it outright for 7k. After that it is 450 only. Unlimited. That is what they say. But unfortunately the product awareness is very low inside the BSNL Office. 2.4 Mbps is the max you can get within 1.25Mhz band with EVDOSo dont even dream of 2.4Mbps :evil:

yup...when i called them, i was told the same abt the charges...dint visit them personally....newayz, in the ads, they say 250 unlimited na....at least it should make 250+200 = 450 monthly....any idea of, what makes the overhead of 200 bucks....??Even then, I feel, it makes a better choice over other providers...

Yes, the ad has one thing, but looks like it may be 450 + 200. And best of all, EVDO server is not launched in Bangalore yet. So, even if the card is EVDO, it gets connected at max 144kbps on CDMA 1X only for now. EVDO roll is on hold due to some technical issues. Had visited the main WLL exchange at WhiteField and talked direct to the officer there. Let's see.

Back