bsnl provides Siemens SL2_141 modem

• Thread starter Thread starter gmg9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 30,419
If the ethernet connection did not work with this model, same problem could arise for other modems ( may be also because of VISTA.)If in the modem there is a diagnostics report page or DSl status send screen shot or extracts.There are only few entries to program a modem.select VCi 0-35 enter VPI and VCI your ID password select GDMT etcin Computer TCP/IP properties select Assign IP address and DNS automatically. In computer start/run cmd type ipconfig/all and report details. Now and after modem programmed.

hi essbebe just got my modem configured at the local bsnl bbnd office and am now posting this thread on wi fi mode. the connection was instant.all my tensions gone so far. thanks for your help. happy surfing.andy

i came across this router in a friends house..who got a dataone connection recently...bsnl sucks ...no info regarding the router..manuals..username..passwords were given...the default router password was: adminthe default pppid password was :passwordhowever i tried a couple a password revelears on the modem ...but they refused to work...plz post the link for usb drivers of the modemits available for rs1200 on purchase from bsnl

@haider_up32. For your friend's USERnameID and password contact Tf 1800 424 1600
If not connecting to Internet reset the modem to factory defaults and try. Obtain BSNL USERID and password. first.

192.168.1.1 ID admin password admin
for BSNL click quick setup and use VPI/VCI 0 35.
http://w5.siemens.ch/eip/public/QsG/QsG_SL2-141-I_ENG.pdf.
Ask BSNL for USB drivers cd. ( or google )

Revealing password.
Use IE or Firefox browser. Open the modem page containing the password.
From context menu click show webpage source code. see the password
or Save it as html file.
In FF html password will appear in plain language. ( not tried in IE)

hey guys ..
all the distressed lot..this is a message for you ..read on to put an end to this nagging problem of BSNL and seimens...

though i had to shell out 150 bucks for the solution.....

first line up the wireless connection in yout laptop/pc(bluetooth-enabled) and the siemens adsl router SL2_141 u have been provided from BSNL...
make sure it is connected...amber and red LED must be continuously on..
launch the internet exlporer and type http://192.168.1.1/ in the address field. u will be asked to give your id and password...ID and password being admin and admin respectively.
lo! and u will be directed to siemens quick set up page ...scroll down to WAN and confugure accordingly...and save the setting and reboot..
if u already using broadband LAN facility, remove you old setting ,save the changes u made and reboot...

i hope u can do it ..
write to me if u have any probs//

1. Please see my posting at 2 in this thread.
2. BSNL + ADSL siemensSL2_141 yet to be programmed . Right ?
4&5&7 Alliance Cable BB connected to which modem ? If you are using Siemens supplied by BSNL please confirm. Because a cable modem data signal and Adsl data signal are different.
6. could be alliance default gateway. 10.10.55.193
web site Free Product Demo | IP2Location? reports location private LAN

8. Ipconfig for Alliance connection gateway.
I have no knowledge of Fedora( linux OS) or any other OS
other than Windows95/98/Me/Xppro sp2
Update :

Go to Yahoo search and enter "siemens sl2_141 " without quotes. Third entry is
w5.siemens.ch/eip/public/QsG/QsG_SL2-141-I_ENG.pdf 1378 KB
When I click the link it goes to download mode.
[*] Quick Start Guide SIEMENS SL2-141-I ADSL WLAN Router

(PDF)
... 4, you will learn how to configure your computer to communicate with the SIEMENS ... SIEMENS ADSL SL2-141-I (ADSL2+ Router for ISDN), S1621-Z120-A ...
w5.siemens.ch/eip/public/QsG/QsG_SL2-141-I_ENG.pdf - 1378k
[/list]

Hi Dear
Download ADSL SL2-141 User Manual from Link SL2 141 User Manual
Thanks
Adeeb raza

Back