• Thread starter Thread starter Raditz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,042

Raditz

Regular
ISP
Bsnl
Iv been getting variable speeds on 500 plan for the past 2 weekson a Good day I get about 256 kBps download speedand then on another It goes down to 160- 170 kBpsAnyone else having problems ? I think BSNL is throttling speeds Talking to a BSNL executive is useless as most are misinformed and illiterate when it comes to computers

are you talking kbps or kBps?im on home 900 256kbps UL and i've been getting close to full speeds all the time for the past 3 yrs! :P

whenever I get low speeds in BSNL ..... I re-login(get a new dynamic ip) ...and most of the times get the speed back to normal

Yeah, I meant KBps, unfortunately Bsnl show complete apathy when it comes to customer service, I live in Chandigarh and have been experiencing frequent probs "whenever I get low speeds in BSNL ..... I re-login(get a new dynamic ip) ...and most of the times get the speed back to normal"Tried that Loads of times :("sometimes speed varies based upon network traffic and line conditions"I know, but its been like this for the past 2 weeks

if you were talking kBps then those speeds look fine to me, occasional drop off to 160 kBps is okeven if its a permanent drop to 160 kBps its still fine, coz bsnl gives you "upto" 2 mbps and not guaranteed that much

yeah... 160 KBps is a decent speed... Cant expect 2mbps when they say "upto 2mbps" :)

yeah... 160 KBps is a decent speed... Cant expect 2mbps when they say "upto 2mbps"

its been 8 months now Iv been getting 220 + all of a sudden the speed dropped ....

Moreover I'm downloading with a link-removed premium account

Anyways thanxx for ur replies :)

maybe some new subscriber in your area is also enjoying upto 2 mbps speeds which is causing the slowdown...

Back