Buying a Mobile: Samsung Galaxy or Nokia?

• Thread starter Thread starter mreccentric
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 5,900
Status
Not open for further replies.

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
I want to buy a new mobile and my budget is within Rs.8,000 . Just surfing on the internet about these touchscreen mobiles, latest ones. I found that there was a separate section for smartphones, i believe all these touchscreen phones are smartphones. Am i RIGHT? Initially i used to like Nokia Touchscreens like 5322 (Xpress) Music variety. (Symbian vs Android)Well, coming back to topic. My preferences are here:* Wifi enabled phone.* Android Yes/No - Both Works, i'll better go for Android.* Single SIM* 3G Yes/No - Both Works* Budget within Rs.8,000

Well, Nokia is ruled out now as i dont like those Asha Model.. I would have buyed it if it had 5322 Xpress looks. Anyway, since the mobile is going to be used by me, i would better prefer an Android. Right Now using Apple iOS, which i'm going to stop after buying an Android. I'm fed up of getting java apps for my current phones. As i said single sim phone will do the work. BTW, What are all the available Samsung Galaxy Phones with Android and Wifi? How many models are there?

Upvote 0
Filtered according to some choices indicated. Have retained dual-sim, qwerty, GSM etc. You can further filter those.

Upvote 0
I dont understand them by names, all phone have same features, yet they cost different.

Filtered according to some choices indicated. Have retained dual-sim, qwerty, GSM etc. You can further filter those.

Filtered: Android Phones | Rs.5000 - Rs.10000 | WiFi

Upvote 0
Spend 5k for trial? :bulgy-eyes:

Better off adding that to main budget and get good branded devices for 13-14k.. Also I believe the newer 10k devices are much better than the 4-5k ones of these brands?

I don't know.. I was new to Android so wanted to check it out... so instead of going for something in 8-10K range I went for Spice one which costed me around 4K (now the same mobile is around 3K or less).. but I was trying to check Android vs checking brand... but boy it did pay-off.. Andriod was a Go, but the Spice brand was a No-GO... Battery back-up went bad very soon, touch screen was not so good, it is very laggy... The service center were few and the on in Hyd was a third party one.. and crowed way beyond my imagination.. (looked more like a Ration line :( )... That's how I realized why branded mobiles shud be preferred...

the same was the case with the Micromax A60 which a friend of mine bought for 8K then (it as his first Android)...

He is stuck with it.. while I moved on to SIII

So I wudn't suggest anyone to go for Desi (rebranded chinese) ones... but then if ur bent on doing it.. then check-out the lower end...first...

Upvote 0
Well, there are minor differences. But I would seriously suggest to consider other brands as Samsung is having only Gingerbread in these models (Galaxy chat, the QWERTY one, might be an exception). And they are not the best in quality as well.

But if you want Samsung only, then you can probably keep adding filters and you are bound to end up with 3-4 devices, in which you can decide based on looks also, as specs wise they will be only a little different or once you have narrowed down ,folks here can help you telling whats the good or bad among them.

I don't know.. I was new to Android so wanted to check it out... so instead of going for something in 8-10K range I went for Spice one which costed me around 4K (now the same mobile is around 3K or less).. but I was trying to check Android vs checking brand... but boy it did pay-off.. Andriod was a Go, but the Spice brand was a No-GO... Battery back-up went bad very soon, touch screen was not so good, it is very laggy... The service center were few and the on in Hyd was a third party one.. and crowed way beyond my imagination.. (looked more like a Ration line :( )... That's how I realized why branded mobiles shud be preferred...

the same was the case with the Micromax A60 which a friend of mine bought for 8K then (it as his first Android)...

He is stuck with it.. while I moved on to SIII

So I wudn't suggest anyone to go for Desi (rebranded chinese) ones... but then if ur bent on doing it.. then check-out the lower end...first...

The models which came out initially were indeed terrible & even now the ones under 6-7k are not worth being considered, unless you want a glorified feature phone pretending to be a smartphone. But the 10k devices are somewhat ok, but again would say better go for branded directly.

Upvote 0
I dont understand them by names, all phone have same features, yet they cost different.

May be you should narrow your search.... Add more feature... like qwerty, touch or only touch input?

Upvote 0

You can remove QWERTY, CDMA, Dual-Sim if you dont want those...

Yup - Just as @LaysyDesi says..

Upvote 0
The models which came out initially were indeed terrible & even now the ones under 6-7k are not worth being considered, unless you want a glorified feature phone pretending to be a smartphone. But the 10k devices are somewhat ok, but again would say better go for branded directly.

one issue is the support for these phones... whether its technical support (at service center) or app support by google play...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back