Call centre says 24 "business hours"

• Thread starter Thread starter nickt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,015

nickt

ISP
ACT
My internet stopped working on 11th sept due to some fiber cut, call centre representative told that it will be fixed within 24 business hours. I called them yesterday they told it will be fixed in24 business hours. Today a representative tells that 24 business hours = 3 working days.
Internet is still down!!
Very poor customer support.
Request No 0001212885

well technically speaking 24 business hours is 3 working days assuming 8 hours working per day.

I think they are just confusing customers by using such terms. Can't they simple/common language :)

Yes it "sounds" 1 day, as anybody will initially assume 24 hours is 1 day. Later it becomes clear that 24 "business" hours. What if there daily business hours is only for 3 hours :playful:

The issue is not the terminology used here. Its about the commitment. They told it wil be resolved "within" 24 business hours or 3 working days, i havn't recieved any calls from the field team till now.
I am pretty sure their business hour will be over by 5 pm today and i will not have internet connection till monday. (i dont think they fix the issue on weekends)

Yup. Sucks when that happens. Airtel used to promise resolution within 4 working hours. Even they killed that practice.

nickt said:
My internet stopped working on 11th sept due to some fiber cut, call centre representative told that it will be fixed within 24 business hours. I called them yesterday they told it will be fixed in24 business hours. Today a representative tells that 24 business hours = 3 working days.
Internet is still down!!
Very poor customer support.
Request No 0001212885
Hello,We apologize for the issue you are facing.Thanks for sharing your issue and complaint no.with us. We will surely look into the matter and we will forward our request to the concerned department. Our team will get in touch with you ASAP. We will make sure that the problem will get resolved at the earliest.Regards,ACT Broadband

Back