• Thread starter Thread starter dextermorgan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1,682

dextermorgan

I got banned!
ISP
Beam Fiber
Need suggestions for camera. Admittedly I don't have any experience with cameras but Im starting to get into photography as a hobby. Need suggestions.

Upvote 0
if you are ready to spend around 20K, best bet for money spent would be raise the budget for 2-3K and go with Basic DSLR

reasons.
I don't think you would be interested in spending another 25K in a few months
Bridge camera would be good for learning but if you plan to upgrade, you would loose big money in selling the existing one
Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera is Rs.22871/- on flipkart so I am sure any decent photographer would get you that for 21/22K easily from his
best and preferred authorized store.
Features you would love learning, practicing and mastering would be available in DSLR Only, and you would regret saying this to yourself that you saved 2000
and would wait for the pics to be better on your next camera.

A honest suggestion would be to stretch the budget or wait few weeks till you save the difference.

Upvote 0
Just something I would like to mention here...

Buy a DSLR if you are committed to learning and doing photography. Otherwise you would hate to carry around such a heavy camera on camping or leisurely trips. I kept Sony DSC-R1 for 6-7 years. Enjoyed the first few years. Got tired of carrying it around everywhere with me eventually. In the end just stopped using it. Eventually sold it and bought the Sony DSC RX100. RX100 fits in my jeans pocket so I can carry it around easily. Even then I prefer to take photos with my camera because well... It is just more convenient.

Upvote 0
Plus a DLSR will give you an interchangeable lenses option.
So you could attach a zoom lens later on if Animal photography interests you, etc..

Upvote 0
But I'm not confident yet for using such expensive cameras (20k) since I go on treks a lot. Like Im going to pondicherry in a couple of days and then on a trek to Rajgad (maharastra) on June 25th.
Judging by replies so far, What I need is an 15k bridge camera with relatively small body. Once Iam comfortable using that camera, I should buy an DSLR one. Iam not worried about getting rid of this camera since I can just give it to my dad or cousin incase I decide to buy an full fledged DSLR sometime later.
Maybe I should change the thread title to " Need bridge camera.15k"

Upvote 0

Back