Can I check/change my CKYC details online?

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 4,185
yXABFod.webp
5zYIe3n.webp

If SBI initially entered correct email id in their system then same will be updated to ckyc. If they didn't entered any email thats better than entering wrong email id.

My ckyc was done by idfc first bank I opened this account few months ago. This is a new process probably started from 2017-18 and still this is not implemented properly as done by SEBI. Every time you want to open a new bank account you have to submit kyc docs.

Why you are so worried about this? If you create another bank account your details should get updated automatically unless you opt to use your old ckyc, if at all that option is available.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay may be things have changed there is supposed to be this one ckyc but right now I can have different email/mobile with different bank and different for mutual funds. When any MF amc fetches my kyc details they only use my identity details like name, address, id.

Source

My main worry is some institution refers to this ckyc record w/o my email address then it will create obvious problems. Another thing is that a/c could be transferred to another branch. This branch atleast listens to us as its in the office premises the branch close to our house don't care a F for the customers

Its SBI so best would be submit an offline application to update your kyc details to ckyc or any other friendly bank where you have an account. This system is not used right now to automatically update kyc so you don't have do anything immediately.

I do see a blank ckyc column in my MF statements so I guess that's reserved for future.

Don't know if its possible now as first time they did not enter my email id (and did ckyc on their own accord) & later when I complained about it not being entered, they added (in their records but its not updated in ckyc records & sbi is confused why this has happened🤦) it & gave me proof in writing as well as a screenshot but thats not good enough for ckyc.

Last edited:
Had to do the EKYC for my demat/trading account as everyone does, instructions come as you go along. RM was all confidence that its a (after my recent experience with Flipkart agents I decided not to put any faith in these marketing gas bags) 10 min job, took me over an hour. as the IPV via phone was not going thru finally copied the url onto the laptop (used EDGE browser) & the whole thing went thru v fast. Now I hope they don't use the email id given in the Aadhar as i have different email id's for different purposes.
Hopefully this will update my email id in the CERSAI database which could not be done when I did my CKYC though they say CKYC & EKYC is different (I am aware of the financial limits of EKYC). hopefully they use the same database. :D

Last edited:
With reference to the above post #26 I was hopeful that there's only one database for ckyc & ekyc! I got my answer today CVLKRA sent sms & email that the email id has been updated but got no sms or email from the central registry CKYC. Because they had told me that the email & sms is auto generated moment there's a change.😔😡
God knows how many databases they use which are not connected to each other.🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
😞 So my main problem still persists will have to look for another institution that will help in adding my email id to ckyc records as sbi (creator of the problem) has all but washed its hands of my problem.

Try RTI once may be you will get attention of the right person. It will cost Rs 10 only.

Don't ask too many questions though.

Ask about your current details and what is the process of updating/correction. Contact details of the person in branch. Grievance officer contact details.

Back