Can I check/change my CKYC details online?

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 4,185
Going by this almost year old article it seems all kra's will have to upload data to the central database. When is the main question 😁
Regulated entities shall also ensure in case of accounts of LEs opened prior to 1 April, the KYC records are uploaded on to CKYCR during periodic updation as specified in Section 38 of the master direction, or earlier when the updated KYC information is obtained from the customer. “To ensure all existing records are uploaded on to CKYCR, regulated entities shall upload the KYC data pertaining to accounts of individuals opened prior to 1 January, 2017, at the time of updation," it added.

I recently opened an account with zerodha they have fu##ed my address in kra database and now it got updated with mutual funds. All org under Sebi use the central database properly.

They have made my address like hno postoffice postoffice postoffice postoffice city 😑

Zerodha application was online with aadhar somehow they fu##ed up the address formatting.

Aadhar has little weird formatting but still it's proper address I am thinking to pay at aadhar centre to update my pic and address in proper format then update in zerodha.

Fortunately mf or zerodha do not send any physical mail.

Yes it's their site but it's useless to us citizens. That's why I call this the 'Information Black Hole'. Somebody somewhere adds something about you which is totally wrong & makes it almost impossible for you to correct it. My screwed up CKYC is still pending as the SBI manager does not come to the phone when I call (this branch is far from my house).

Last edited:

Back