Can the fast internet be stored for future use?

ISP
Airtel
I got myself an internet connection not too long ago. They allot 5GB, and then the speed reduces (Unlimited). I just wanted to know whether it's in the realm of possibilities to switch to slow version now and start using my 5GB later on, in the month?

Nope

Of course, I have been storing spare bandwidth ever since I started using the internet. Now I have 10 tb/s speed.

I'd actually been thinking that if an ISP offers something along this line it would have a lot of takers without losing anything at all (except expenses for initial changes in software). The idea is that there must be a boost mode (higher speed) and a normal mode (lower speed). One can use the boost mode up to the fup presently being offered and the fup quota is reduced only in this mode. The customer can choose between normal and boost modes at any given time. If the fup is used up one can only use the normal mode (or boost mode could be offered at a price like Airtel smartbytes topup).
With this, the customer can have the high speed at the time he desires, for eg for watching videos or expediting a download that is urgently required. At other times he can choose the normal mode with reduced speed. The ISP will of course have to make changes in their software for bandwidth allocation and usage monitoring for this to happen.

@ manoj mattew That would mean ISP would have to think logically. And you already know reliance,airtel and others won't do such a thing. You already have smartbytes in airtel and there's similar option in beam/ACT broadbands. Need high speed after FUP? purchase a plan for 99bucks and so on

Manoj Mathew said:
I'd actually been thinking that if an ISP offers something along this line it would have a lot of takers without losing anything at all (except expenses for initial changes in software). The idea is that there must be a boost mode (higher speed) and a normal mode (lower speed). One can use the boost mode up to the fup presently being offered and the fup quota is reduced only in this mode. The customer can choose between normal and boost modes at any given time. If the fup is used up one can only use the normal mode (or boost mode could be offered at a price like Airtel smartbytes topup).
With this, the customer can have the high speed at the time he desires, for eg for watching videos or expediting a download that is urgently required. At other times he can choose the normal mode with reduced speed. The ISP will of course have to make changes in their software for bandwidth allocation and usage monitoring for this to happen.

Pretty much what I'm talking about, man. This totally needs to be implemented.
Manu said:
Of course, I have been storing spare bandwidth ever since I started using the internet. Now I have 10 tb/s speed.
Sounds rape-istic.

such a option doesn't exists, However it could be a hit if introduced, so you use high speed only when you are doing some important stuff and while on usual surfing you can live on 512kbps or so.
but on the other hand this reminds me of a very old joke
A guy visited a shop and asked if the two bottles of ketchup is free with one, the salesman says yes and customer says "ok I'll take only the free ones for now"

If you ask Airtel, they will say we already have this wonderful thing called Smartbytes :pleasantry:

Back