Cannot connect to BSNL dataone using Linksys WAG200G wi-fi router

ISP
BSNL Dataone
HiCan someone help me with the connection settings of BSNL broadband on the Linksys router. I tried but it didnt work. Following are the settings that I havePVC0PPoEusername & passwordVPI = 0 VCI = 35MTU = AutoAre these settings correct. I would be glad if someone can post the correct settings. This wi-fi router also has a button which says "connect". But clicking on it it does not connect.

@gauravagarwal79
1. Confirm you can connect to Internet and surf with whatever modem BSNL has supplied you.
BROADBAND MAIN MENU
Then
2. Did you get a cd with the Linksys router ? if not download user manual from
Linksys.com - Support/Technical Support/Choose a Product/Modems and Gateways/DSL/WAG200G/Downloads

Appears you wont need the BSNL Modem, if you can use Linksys WAG200G

Thank you for replying. Yes I have a modem given by BSNL and I am able to connect to the Internet through it. As of now I am using the wi-fi Linksys modem as a switch and as an access point. I do have the CD which came with the wi-fi router. Are you asking me to run the wizard through it. I will try that and let you know. Again thank you for your help.

Hi what is the use of having wifi router. and btw what is router? a very very newbie question. but pls let me know. :)

@asdfgf.Nobody can be familiar with all the broadband modems/routers/gateways / equipments available. I do Google/Yahoo/Answers/manufacturer's web site search and get some idea about the model specified by the thread starter. Try to give the reference/s to enable him to solve whatever difficulty he faces. And as a novice I have to go step by step to understand the problem,and have no personal blog spots to give an instant solution.Quote from Gaurav Agarval's postingThis wi-fi router also has a button which says "connect". But clicking on it it does not connect.Unquote.Please help GauravAgarwal , who seems to be new to this forum.PS: in the poll I have voted "NO idea" !

I use Linksys WAG200G for my MTNL connection and it works absolutely fine! Initially I had issues with it which got fixed when I upgraded the firmware. The settings I am using are: Encapsulation - RFC 2516 PPoEMultiplexing - LLCQos Type - UBRVirtual Circuit - 0 and 32DSL Modulation - Multimode Also check DSL Status under:Status > DSL Connectionit should be connected which confirms your ADSL connection is connected For your internet connection check under:Status > Gateway HTH :)

Hey, I successfully connected to the Internet using your settings. Thanks to everyone who took time to post their views to resolve my issue. :happy:

Hi friends, I again have an issue now. I applied for a plan change with BSNL and they gave me a new username and password. Now after that I am unable to connect to Internet with the above settings that worked till last week. Are there any new settings for the Linksys WAG200G router? I am able to connect through a dialer but not with the above settings. Can you please help on this. (I have done a reset on the router still the issue persists)

Back