• Thread starter Thread starter shatrughan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,127

shatrughan

Regular
ISP
MTNL
hiii all.. i am a mtnl mumbai user...i changed my plan from 49 to plan 999 on the first of april..now i want to change my plan from 999 to 512kbps..i will be changing my plan on 4th may after watching Barca Vs real match which is on 3rd of May..i want to know how will or how they calculate the bills for the first 4 days when i am on 999(1mbps) wala plan and for the remaining month when i will be on 599 (512kbps) wala plan..your help will be appreciated..

49 to 999 lol thats a big change :D (or probly u meant 499 :D )

49 to 999 lol thats a big change :D (or probly u meant 499 :D )

nope that 999.. u read it right...
had a exam so never used my net from oct to march...

then went back to 999 and MTNL started the 2Mbps wala sunday plan..

was not aware for the first sunday then came to know abt it and downloaded a lot..

but now i dont have anythng to download so shifting to 599 wala plan..

then will shift to combo plan of 495...

^ I think he meant 49.@shatrughan - you cannot control the date on which the change occurs. Once you request for a change, they will take sometime which they will tell you on the phone itself. The charge will be on pro-rata basis. That means they will charge you at the rate of 999 per month for the days on which you are on that plan and charge you at the rate of 599 per month for the days after it has changed.There are couple of problems that will occur but they should not really bother you too much as you are shifting from one unlimited plan to the other. There will be a difference between the date the plan speed changes and the charge changes. Usually the billing date changes first and then the speed change. In your case, if that happens, you stand to benefit.

so if the plan changes on 5th( using the 999 plan till 4th midnight) then i will be charged Rs134 for 4 days and will be charged around Rs 520 for the remaining month..i am calculating the amount considering the month to be 30 days..so total amount for the month will be Rs 654 for the month of May...have anyone done this things before....if yes please post ur experience......

so if the plan changes on 5th( using the 999 plan till 4th midnight) then i will be charged Rs134 for 4 days

and will be charged around Rs 520 for the remaining month..

i am calculating the amount considering the month to be 30 days..

so total amount for the month will be Rs 654 for the month of May...

have anyone done this things before....
if yes please post ur experience......
I don't know about this part billing but last year when i had chanegd my plan they said the change will take place from the 1st of the month only & till then i will have to stick to the old plan. Maybe the rules have changed now. U better enquire on 1504.

so if the plan changes on 5th( using the 999 plan till 4th midnight) then i will be charged Rs134 for 4 days

and will be charged around Rs 520 for the remaining month..

i am calculating the amount considering the month to be 30 days..

so total amount for the month will be Rs 654 for the month of May...

have anyone done this things before....
if yes please post ur experience......

When I switched from the DSL 598 to UL 599 in Jul last year, i was told it would be done in 3 days (they did it in 2) :D & the calculations were done on a pro rata basis (their rule book says it will be done at month end but they seem to do it immediately maybe to avoid a month end crunch) as Daddycool has mentioned above. And they took the days of month at 'actuals' ie Jul has 31 days & it was apportioned accordingly. It helps to do it in a month with 30 days :D

Back