Cheapest Deal on Google Nexus 4 in India?

• Thread starter Thread starter dineshr1988
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 395
  • Views Views 46,485
Sadly the Nexus 5 won't support the 4G in India, as the 4G spectrum allocated here so far is the 2300 Mhz band which none of the top end smartphones supports in India yet. But I guess till the time all those Lazy BWA Spectrum winner will pull their Shit together to offer a running network, compatible handsets too will be available.

chromaniac said:
Ok. Just curious... How does 4G LTE work here in India? Do you get a SIM card? If yes... How are you going to make calls using it when Airtel does not have the rights to offer voice over 4G LTE in India? :
From what I understand 4G rights were not sold like usual here in India. They were sold for data not voice.

From what I have read they are using CSFB (Circuit Switched Fallback System) for enabling Voice, which makes the device "falls back" to the 3G or 2G network to complete the call.

So the same SIM works on both 2G/3G/4G networks?
Heard on news channel that Reliance Jio has applied for lakhs of numbers to launch their services in the coming months. Are they still planning to offer mobile services through data? :o

You can get one 5 month old one from me for 15k. In white. With black original LG bumper. 7 month warranty also

Back