Come 2010 and we are still stuck at "256 Kbps" for broadband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter halo12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 9,435
do you have access to the wiki? you can write generic responses there and link to there :D

Yes, I have access. There is a lot more documentation about us than I had imagined! I might have to tell one of the staff to go ahead and update the information.

about posting on techwhack, you can either send them to me and i can post them under your name or i can create your account on the broadband section :)

i am not sure if it is a good idea to speak about the hassles you have been facing from broadband wholesalers in india as a new company aiming to provide services. but you would have a better idea. :)

a series of posts in a blog format would be a great way to reveal how internet service providers operate in the country. how hard/easy is it for them to be profitable. and why india is still stuck at 256kbps as the basic broadband standard...

about posting on techwhack, you can either send them to me and i can post them under your name or i can create your account on the broadband section :)

i am not sure if it is a good idea to speak about the hassles you have been facing from broadband wholesalers in india as a new company aiming to provide services. but you would have a better idea. :)

a series of posts in a blog format would be a great way to reveal how internet service providers operate in the country. how hard/easy is it for them to be profitable. and why india is still stuck at 256kbps as the basic broadband standard...

Ok. I won't be online too much for the next couple of days, so I imagine that among other things, I'll be writing about everything I've discovered since I first decided to start this thing.

Herz a look at what the global ble network looks like, explains alot actually

the thread starter is absolutely right ...isps lik hathway,tata,beamtele........etc dey r making people fools by still giving peanut speeds and charging high :madness:.where as in usa we can get 2mbps at 20-40$ permonth:wall: ......its a very shamefull act dat we only get in kbps instead of getting mbps who said india is developing :@..............we can get high speeds in 3g bt not in broadband wtf :ashamed:

Well Im on a 2mbps line and playing 1750rs or 35$. With regard to world standards that still isnt upto the mark (see post above). But we are getting there. Until we do these companies will use all their might to try and continue to fleece us. Whats you have to do is switch your connection everytime you see a better, more worthwhile deal. (but seware of scam companies like nivyah)

Herz a look at what the global ble network looks like, explains alot actually

I'm not quite sure what explanations you could really glean from this image - it's horribly outdated and even 3 years ago, would have been incomplete (there are better images to use).

dude post English version can't understand wth they are saying .

Dude, learn Dutch.

the thread starter is absolutely right ...isps lik hathway,tata,beamtele........etc dey r making people fools by still giving peanut speeds and charging high :madness:.where as in usa we can get 2mbps at 20-40$ permonth:wall: ......its a very shamefull act dat we only get in kbps instead of getting mbps who said india is developing :@..............we can get high speeds in 3g bt not in broadband wtf :ashamed:

The USA is quite a ripoff compared to most of the OECD for the price of Internet.

Here in NZ I have full-speed ADSL2+ (24 down, 3 up, though my copper only gives me a line-speed of 16 down/1 up, and I'm only 300m away from the cabinet) - BUT despite this speed, I'm paying for data (unlimited plans DO NOT EXIST here), which makes it expensive.

Plus since the last mile is basically a monopoly, you either buy naked DSL at a high price, or a phoneline-broadband combo at a high price, even though between the 2 options there is only about NZ$10/Rs300 difference. Last month my bill was about Rs3000 for with usage of about 15GB.

Meanwhile, for just 30€/Rs1800 a month, you can get Fiber Optic access in most of France which includes 100mbit/s Broadband, 200 channels of TV and a VOIP line with free calling to 100+ countries as part of a triple-play service (in fact, most of Europe is heading this way).

The Ukraine has one of the best systems I've seen: the lowest plan was US$6 for internet, which was 1mbit/s international and 10mbit/s national traffic (unlimited), upgradeable to 100mbit/s national traffic and various speeds for international traffic.

And don't get me started on Finland/Sweden: 1Gbit/s unlimited is to be launched this spring for 99€ (Fin) or 999SEK (Swe) - they already have 100mbit/s unlimited for 55€.

Well Im on a 2mbps line and playing 1750rs or 35$. With regard to world standards that still isnt upto the mark (see post above). But we are getting there. Until we do these companies will use all their might to try and continue to fleece us. Whats you have to do is switch your connection everytime you see a better, more worthwhile deal. (but seware of scam companies like nivyah)

Unfortunately, I have been able to confirm that Nivyah isn't entirely a scam company. I did once see someone with a Nivyah IP downloading a torrent from me, but for all I know, that could have been someone at their HQ, so who knows.

My worthy constituents and lawyers are really working hard to get everything pushed through for our service - our ultimate goal is to offer services in India at prices approaching those found in Europe.

Back