coming soon satellite internet broadband on big tv stb

• Thread starter Thread starter ozzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 10,301

ozzy

ISP
exatt
:)guys very soon we will be able 2 browse satellite internet broadband on big tv stb.im sure tht is the reason why v hav a usb connector in the stb.thr is a empty slot under the smart card slot which looks more like a pcmcia slot available in laptops......so hang on guys:yahoo:,n yes i got this new from the reliance agent who does the zone wise big tv installations.....n yes it is true...:thumbsup:

latest news:Pbig tv will be commercially launched in the end of this month or the first week of next month.just a few more days of waiting......:yahoo::thumbsup:

Its good... but don't satellite internet have very high pings? It will make it slower for gaming.

:)guys very soon we will be able 2 browse satellite internet broadband on big tv stb.im sure tht is the reason why v hav a usb connector in the stb.thr is a empty slot under the smart card slot which looks more like a pcmcia slot available in laptops......so hang on guys:yahoo:,n yes i got this new from the reliance agent who does the zone wise big tv installations.....n yes it is true...:thumbsup:

its funny when I see all this BS...u guys are creating all this nonsense hype. Ill give u 2 reasons for what you and ur dealer is saying are wrong:
1) The pcmcia slot ur talking about is not for a PC card...its so that u can add CAM Modules which can accept cards to decrypt more types of encryptions. BIG TV uses media guard if im correct...u can go to the market and buy a module which can allow u put cards that can unlock irdeto 2, etc. placing an irdeto 2 card into the 1st card slot will not work but placing it into the extra cam module will mean u can decrypt irdeto 2 channels with ur irdeto 2 suscription card...
2)usb connector is for updating software via PC. these STB are made outside india and are used in market unbranded from BIG TV with many sattelites. STB updates (ie official updates from the manufacturer) are only available on some satellites. so if someone wants to update their STB S/W they can just connect it to their PC, download the new software onto it...this way everyone will not be required to connect to those specific satellites providing the update...

its funny when I see all this BS...u guys are creating all this nonsense hype. Ill give u 2 reasons for what you and ur dealer is saying are wrong:
1) The pcmcia slot ur talking about is not for a PC card...its so that u can add CAM Modules which can accept cards to decrypt more types of encryptions. BIG TV uses media guard if im correct...u can go to the market and buy a module which can allow u put cards that can unlock irdeto 2, etc. placing an irdeto 2 card into the 1st card slot will not work but placing it into the extra cam module will mean u can decrypt irdeto 2 channels with ur irdeto 2 suscription card...
2)usb connector is for updating software via PC. these STB are made outside india and are used in market unbranded from BIG TV with many sattelites. STB updates (ie official updates from the manufacturer) are only available on some satellites. so if someone wants to update their STB S/W they can just connect it to their PC, download the new software onto it...this way everyone will not be required to connect to those specific satellites providing the update...

I agree.. In US, all my DIsh recivers had USB and Ethernet connections, but it had nothing to do with providing internet. It is just their way of future proofing the equipment in case of the need for a firmware update that cannot be provided over the air...

i also enquired about the usb ... its not for providing internet ... its for updating the software ... and they are not going to lauch ...any internet service....

I am fed up of BSNL broadband. Only hope for a good broadband for small-towners like me is through DTH. Providing broadband internet through DTH, does this kind of service exist anywhere in the world ?? Can anyone out there enlighten us??

I am fed up of BSNL broadband. Only hope for a good broadband for small-towners like me is through DTH. Providing broadband internet through DTH, does this kind of service exist anywhere in the world ?? Can anyone out there enlighten us??

well i have seen broadband via sattelite like in RVs or vechicles which also serve the purpose of home aka mobile homes.but i am not sure whether DTH providers can give broadband via dth bcause ur STB and dish will also have to transmitt back to the sattelite and these stb and dish would be expensive.what i think these dth providers means is that they will give broadband via a dsl or ADSL etc and stb can accept that these connections and can show internet on ur tv.there other types where downstream of internet is via sattelite and upstream via ur telephone line which could be dial up or adsl etc.

so IMO IPTV is the future and devices like xbox 360 which is iptv with reliance IPTV.

Back