• Thread starter Thread starter gaurang08
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 18,655

gaurang08

Regular
ISP
you telecom
I dont know if this is the right place to post this, I am constantly getting calls for some courier company on my mtnl landline number mon - sat which has made life miserable to say the least ... my number is 12 years old and hence cant change it .. I asked one guy which number is he trying and problem is that the numbers are identical only the wrong number has one extra digit and is a non mtnl number .. my question is can i do anything to stop this or i have to learn to live with it ?? Please advise ...

Change your number. But even if you get your number changed, the automated changed number announcement system will redirect those callers to your new number! In that case request the exchange to remove your old number from the aforementioned system. You can't do anything else.

I cant change my number bro its 12 years old and its a very good number ... anyhow looks like ill have to learn to live with it ..

yashleo21 said:
Why not blacklist? Do they call everytime with a different number?
hi friend yes as its some courier companies number random people keep calling , today was a lucky day no one called else we get atleast 10-12 calls for them .. and i cant blacklist cause this is a landline number and my cordless phone may not do the job and its not the same set of people so whats the point blocking :( ...

I had to dump an old number because it was in records of a credit card company that used to call regarding one of the guys who used to work for us. he basically got himself 3-4 credit cards. maxed them and then went back to his village in Himachal.
Dad used to get abusive calls from the recovery agents. Had no choice but to kill the number.

gaurang08 said:
I dont know if this is the right place to post this, I am constantly getting calls for some courier company on my mtnl landline number mon - sat which has made life miserable to say the least ... my number is 12 years old and hence cant change it .. I asked one guy which number is he trying and problem is that the numbers are identical only the wrong number has one extra digit and is a non mtnl number .. my question is can i do anything to stop this or i have to learn to live with it ?? Please advise ...
same thing at happened at my previous residence. this nuisance went on for years till i shunted out mtnl all together from my home. Can't fix this as it's nobody's fault but people who misdials the number

Divert all your LL incoming calls to your mobile no & block that particular series nos frm the mobile. The annoyance will stop in a week or two ... Don't know if MTNL charges for call divert. Deal with it ...

The annoyance in this case would not stop because his home number matches that of a courier company's number with one extra digit.
People are probably calling his number based on some wrong listing on some website.
Google your number to see if your number has been listed as that courier company's number on some JustDial type website.

It will stop. Because, once his no is not reachable or rejected for callers. They will recheck for the exact no and dial it. So it will slowly stop & vanish one day By going a step a head. If he has a smart phone. He may set an auto txt response with the exact no to be dialed for the blocked nos ... Worth a try

Back