Constantly getting calls of some courier company on my mtnl landline

• Thread starter Thread starter gaurang08
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 18,655
I do not think his problem is repeat callers. Random people are accidentally calling him because of a mismatch in numbers.

Right. There isn't any other option than changing the beloved number. Sometimes you just have to let it go... :(

chromaniac said:
The annoyance in this case would not stop because his home number matches that of a courier company's number with one extra digit.
People are probably calling his number based on some wrong listing on some website.
Google your number to see if your number has been listed as that courier company's number on some JustDial type website.
I did check its not listed , one thing is very funny that 2 months back this wrong number was listed with icici bank and i used to get calls for icici bank , half times i used to bang my head or then abuse them .. Now this number is listed with some courier company . headache is that it seems to be an airtel or tata number hence its 9 digits . the full number is same except one extra digit for the wrong number so those guys who dial the courier company if they forget to input that one extra digit it connects to my house ..
DNA_Uncut said:
It will stop. Because, once his no is not reachable or rejected for callers. They will recheck for the exact no and dial it. So it will slowly stop & vanish one day By going a step a head. If he has a smart phone. He may set an auto txt response with the exact no to be dialed for the blocked nos ... Worth a try
I have a smartphone google nexus 4 i dont know how this works ...
chromaniac said:
I do not think his problem is repeat callers. Random people are accidentally calling him because of a mismatch in numbers.
yes this is the biggest headache ... thanks to this other carrier whose given the same number but one god damn extra digit ...
iChaitanya said:
Right. There isn't any other option than changing the beloved number. Sometimes you just have to let it go... :(
ouch bro this will really hurt .. looks like ill have to just live with it at the most get my blood pressure high yelling at people :pissed-off:

We had this same problem when our number was by mistake listed on UTI Bank(Now Axis)'s website for their branch in our area. Was a typo. Called them many times but they didn't fix it. Initially we used to politely turn down the callers by giving them the exact number. But it never stopped. Finally MTNL due to some reason put us on a different exchange and our number got changed automatically.

did Axes tell mtnl to do that :tongue:

gaurang08 said:
it seems to be an airtel or tata number hence its 9 digits . the full number is same except one extra digit for the wrong number so those guys who dial the courier company if they forget to input that one extra digit it connects to my house ..
I think the length of number with in a city remain same no matter who the operator is but the prefix is different.
I do not think it is the length should be a problem :)

Just ignore for few days, or turn off ringer. Inform your friends/relatives to call only on other numbers of your home. People will stop calling after few days.
You can also tell people that courier company they are calling is shutdown and they should go for another company :D

I think some yellow pages site is having the number listed wrongly - something like Justdial or something, have it corrected there, or call justdial and ask them what number they have for the courier company in your area

Back