"Could not connect to network" - Jio Fiber 5G - Windows 11

• Thread starter Thread starter fc5570
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 563
ISP
Jio
Greetings!

I have this weird issue which I am not able to debug properly. Whenever I try to connect to the 5G interface of my Jio fiber connection, I always get a "Could not Connect to this network" error on windows 11. However, I can connect to the 4g interface just fine. This does not always happen, sometimes, I can connect to the 5g interface, and If I get that error, restarting my router, or my pc itself also works, and I can connect. I only get this issue on my pc, I can connect to the 5g interface from all my phones just fine. Which leads me to believe its got something to do with my wifi driver settings.

Please help me out. Thank you.

I have the JCOW411 router.

I have accessed the jio centrum dashboard. Is there a way to capture incoming connection requests on the 5g interface? I would like to try and debug what is causing the issue.

Correction, its not 4G and 5G, those are mobile technologies. Wifi bands is called as 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Check online with your laptop's brand whether it supports 5 GHz or anybody reported any driver issue. My very old Dell Laptop only supported 2.4 GHz band on Jio Router, while other devices at home were connecting fine with 5 GHz.

Sorry, when I said 5G and 4G, I was referring to the network bands only.
I checked online and a person has the same issue, on their lenovo ideapad. The solution was to change the 5ghz band's channel to 48, mine was set to 149 earlier. I can connect just fine now. I should have looked earlier, my apologies. Thank you for your time.

Back