Cricket is detrimental for the Nation?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 9,540
This is nothing but a piece of lame excuses & illogically rationalising the "hate" for the sport by the writer. Its just that He/She is not interested in the game & is trying to give all kinds of stupid excuses to stop people from playing it/following it."To the writer of the article": C'mon, why do u apply this [IL]logic to just cricket.....apply that to ur favourite sport as well!!And if u dont have any favourite sport, then any of ur favourite activity.....C'mon i mean, the person wasting the time & money is well aware of the loss thats happening to him. But if something is ur hobby, then u always tend to spend some time & money on it.......Now we cant deny people from having hobbies. We are not machines to do our work day in & day out.......And its just baseless to cite examples of violence......dont u see violence where people are in "Obsession" of someone/something??It just shows how far the writer can go in trying to impose his personal likes/dislikes on others......Just because u dont like a thing, u cant try to justify that its bad.......

Haha, that article is written as if its some legal document! I havent read even single line.But my views are, craziness about any sport is bad. Especially when it can give you tension, heartattack, emotions. There are people who have had huge fight based on arguments related to some sports match. Then one shud beware of that sport.That said, based on that, I agree that currently cricket is causing lots of loss to country and cause of concern. But then its an individual interest which is so common that it has become global interest at wide scale.I am in a dilemma here, sometimes I wish that India didnt win 1983 world cup (because India became so crazy abt cricket after that) but at the same time, one corner of heart wants India to win this world cup.(this is again because of patriotism and not my own interest).Funny, both reasons are related to nation!

Being a big follower of cricket all I can say is that cricket is not good for India.

Just because of cricket where in we were not even good till 2008 we dont show any interest in other sport and are totally obsessed with this sport.

When one of my close friend told these views, I totally agreed with him, he always hoped that India will lose bad or another controversy erupts so that people will leave cricket and go towards other sports.

Hope India can become a powerhouse in olympics!

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Regarding the article, well HJS seems very popular on twitter...too many jokes on them :)

I totally agree with the article.

Few statements which I got truely inspired are...

"And what the others get is - ......... the mental stress caused during the match, irregular palpitation...."
- Root cause for all heart attacks in the country. The sport should be banned with immediate effect.

"The college girls go mad when they see some player in an advertisement. "
Root cause for all mental problems in the country. The sport should be banned with immediate effect.

" It includes shouting loudly, banging of bats, stumps, balls to express anger, becoming violent and fight, breaking glasses of windows and vehicles. In the evening, they gather in corners, tease girls, talk indecently, blow whistles etc."
If cricket is banned, eve teasing in the country (most probably in the world) will stop instantly. Even if they dont ban it, the sport should be played with mouths securely sealed and covering bats, balls, stumps etc with thick cloth to stop producing sound. They should learn from how silently the religious processions, diwali/holi celebrations, political rallies etc are done in our country.
"India is going to lose Rs. 11,000 crores due to world cup"
It was not clear, request the editor to throw some more light in this matter.

"Working people and businessmen take leave to watch matches leading to loss of thousands of working hours"
They should totally ban leaves for working class. People are meant to work, not enjoy anything else. I dont know when govt. will understand these.

"All English medium schools should be banned which are the root cause of all problems, TV channels should be closed down and cricket should be totally banned . – Vasant Nanvatkar"
I suggest him to be our PM, or atleast chairman of the planning commission. What a visionary.

"Cricket is an anti-national game involving loss of working hours and this has been realized by developed countries; therefore, they keep away from cricket."
Only under developed countries like UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Holland, UAE etc plays it now.

In India 70% of the population do not follow or even watch the game of cricket. How can then one call it as a World record or world victory when it is won in a small part of the world. Is it not exhibition of ignorance?"
Great point. But is your intention to eradicate ignorance or educating rest 70%?

"Students should play national games like Kabaddi, kho-kho etc."
Else, they should be shot dead.

"Mantriks’ had to use their 200 years of ‘sadhana’ to create such ‘tilisma’."
Man, I didnt knew this was done by Mantriks. Wow... Are they available in facebook to add as a friend?

"When one watches it while it is being telecast, 30 % of thick, sticky and heavy covering of 1 foot is created on the one who is watching and 10 % of such covering is created on those who listen to it. The game became popular within short period in whole of India and when the world cup was won by India in 1983, it got further momentum. It was, in fact, the ploy of the ‘mantriks'. Youth is the strength of a country. By destroying this strength, the ‘mantriks’ destroyed the strength of whole of India."
Is the Nobel committee listening?

Sushubh, thanks for sharing the link. I am still laughing after reading this funny article. One question, is there anyone with a minimum common sense, who listen to these?...

hell. i do not want bcci xi to win this world cup.

So what if BCCI isnt part of the Indian Sports ministry?? Its ultimately the XI players who are chosen amongst Indians.......u cant give this kind of excuse, in not supporting ur nation!!

I mean, if u like any other team, its well & good - but if u say "BCCI XI shudnt win", thats totally lame excuse......

Going by this logic, people will say that Private sector cos shudnt excel on a World Platform, just because they are not Public Sector cos......do we say that??

Or do we feel proud when we hear Mr. Mittal taking over foreign cos?? Whats there to be proud of then?? After all, its his personal gain right??

Being a big follower of cricket all I can say is that cricket is not good for India.

Just because of cricket where in we were not even good till 2008 we dont show any interest in other sport and are totally obsessed with this sport.

When one of my close friend told these views, I totally agreed with him, he always hoped that India will lose bad or another controversy erupts so that people will leave cricket and go towards other sports.

Hope India can become a powerhouse in olympics!

Being said that I assume instead of watching cricket, you have watched the international carrom championship, the kho kho tournament and the arm wrestling championship telecasted live in DD sports last week. :)

I watch tennis and F1 ... but i hardly find anyone who wants to discuss abt those sports..except ofcourse cricket!

Back