Current State of broadband in our country; Ruled by Evil Empires!

• Thread starter Thread starter tunknown
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 7,339
Come wimax all woeis of Low broadband penteration and no acces to broadband in villages is gone just wait and watch for the next 6 month ,

according to Intel ,(intel is a serious player in wimax spectrum auction) we will reach to every village of india in less than 6 months once we got spectrum

here in Punjab , mobile wimax is ready and ready to boom in next 15 days , then later month i will tell you the impact By the way BSNL time is over in next 6 month

WiMax sucks, Had reliance WiMax, Speed was less than CDMA Cards.

from what i see... wholesalers should have no business telling the retailer what he should do in the end market. they are getting the price they are asking for. if the retailer is passing on cheaper rates to the end customer... it is his decision.

mgcarley somewhat stated that the ISPs were pushing him to do the needful. in other words, they could have refused to provide him with bandwidth if he would not comply...

In an ideal world i agree.

Can we keep wimax out of this, the issue isn't about different kinds of broadband its about prices paid for speed & quotas and why those prices remain as high as they are and why the quotas are as low.

Even a wimax provider has to buy their data access from someplace anyway.

Come wimax all woeis of Low broadband penteration and no acces to broadband in villages is gone

just wait and watch for the next 6 month ,

I really hope what you say happens, but I think you are too optimistic.
My guess Wi-max and 3G would be priced so high, that it would be even less attractive than fixed line.
In all countries fixed line forms the basis for high speed, while Wi-max is used for mobility. So I can't see how Wi-max could solve the problem.

If initial investment is such a huge factor in Broadband pricing, then how come countries like Pakistan gets cheaper plans than India?
No idea, maybe they are doing something we're not or more likely we're doing something they're not !!

These prices (in Pak Rs) look attractive tho only in 'pindi & the capital. Even their BSNL equiv offers 1Mbps (No FUP) for Pak Rs.1199 which is only Rs.750 for us :|

Clearly something happened by end 2008 going by this article
A significant reduction in subscription and services charges has been witnessed in the country. The DSL subscription rate has declined to $15 (nearly Pak Rs1200) per month from $55 (above Pak Rs 4,000) per month for 512Kbs connection.

Fiber optic as per ur name , you are love with basic and talk basic , Fixed line in Develoved nation is basic thing , In india most of village is still does not have Fixed line. The moblie wimax is revolutionary thing , I think for u it is useless to tell , so stick to old things I really hope what you say happens, but I think you are too optimistic.
My guess Wi-max and 3G would be priced so high, that it would be even less attractive than fixed line.
In all countries fixed line forms the basis for high speed, while Wi-max is used for mobility. So I can't see how Wi-max could solve the problem.

WiMax sucks, Had reliance WiMax, Speed was less than CDMA Cards.
beacuse u use old wimax tech , like 3.4 and line of sight tech , mobile wimax is revolutionary product , cdma cards are past things , it will give u speed unless spectrum in abundance , that wht GoV auction spetrum for Wimax

Any idea when these companies would start broadband operations in India. Hoping atleast AT&T and BT could revolutionise the broadband market in India.

Dude, AT&T and BT have got the license i believe for the corporate services not for retail market & they wont involve themselves in the retail market anyways!!!

Back