D-Link DSL-502T Firmware Glitch

• Thread starter Thread starter agnivo007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 23,513
Suck my balls. You guys are so untrusting. I have never stooped to such petty boasting in my entire life. I just wanted to know whether it was possible to uncap the DSL-502T router or not and almost every guy who visits this forum frequently has thought I have nothing to do, am an ignorant dumbfuck and only came here to boast and not to get any real answers. Damn man, this is from the heart, you guys are lame.

Hey man, the last post wasn't meant for your last postJust go to tcniso.net. They even sell modems. The stuff they wrote doesn't make a lot very clear. So after like I got it working, I wrote a "How to hack your cable modem" walkthrough for myself for future reference.The goal is very simple. There's a glitch in the motorola and some other modems that when you remove the cable, it actually searches for a TFTP server on the ethernet interface. So, that's what we have to exploit. We get the .cm file from the REAL TFTP server by fooling it into thinking we are the modem asking for it. Then after we get the file, we edit it and then upload it to the modem by starting a TFTP server on the ethernet interface. Pretty simple, but complex with all the details.

unfortunately death , tftp on D-Link 502t is just for the sake of it...i doubt tftp is of any use (in 502t).... does it matter if the modem is read-only??so this uncapping can be done to only cable modems or (dlink504) ??am i right?

Actually, I'm a guy who thinks anything is possible. Because one day we will travel faster than the speed of light no matter how impossible we think it's today. If you're willing to take the modem apart and literally hack it, you can do anything. In the motorola 5000i modem, you have to install an IC before you can uncap it. So, I thought maybe some smart ass guy has already done so for the DSL-502T and am searching for exactly that. :)

nice!lemme know if u find out somethin...i was curious why 502t has a tftp in it! .....i still am!

Mr. Death, sir, can u tell me how 2 uncap my Huawei smartass (i mean smartax) mt 800 adsl2+ modem? :-)

Originally posted by thoufique@Dec 21 2005, 06:59 PM
impressive.. can u tell me the exact model of the motorolla modem you were using pls?
[snapback]36804[/snapback]
[/quote]
It's a Motorola SB4100. I got mine from eBay. But you can get it from tcniso.net

Originally posted by thoufique@Dec 21 2005, 06:59 PM
and i still dont get how we can uncap a dsl modem when the cap is set on the server side rather than on the modem unlike cable connections.
[snapback]36804[/snapback]
[/quote]
Originally posted by vishalrao@Dec 21 2005, 07:20 PM
Mr. Death, sir, can u tell me how 2 uncap my Huawei smartass (i mean smartax) mt 800 adsl2+ modem? :-)
[snapback]36807[/snapback]
[/quote]
Jesus Christ :angry: , I think I came here searching for exactly that, right? How would I know these answers. I've still got a lot of researching to do.

i still say there;s nothing u can do to a D-Link 502t on "software end" to behhave in uncapped manner...i have no idea what ppl do with hardware hacking...it maybe possible...

on the modem the cap isnt set on server side , when the adsl modem calls for authentication adn gets authenticated the ISP sends data to the modem ( which has the speed limit bound to it ), capping has never been done on server side in case of cable or dsl modem as far as indian ISp' r conserned.Regardin hackin the modem by installin a free tftp server is the most practical way , but in our case it wont be possible since everytime u connect the ISP sends the file again ( airtel in this case) , so if u manage to upload the file usin tftp server then open up the modem , there will be Hynix chip there fuse the pins( read that chips documentation , it states that shortin which pins disables the writing capabilities).and since i have left airtel , which means also the router so i wont be of any help , so plz dont IM me.

Back