DataOne gets disconnected EXACTLY every half hour

• Thread starter Thread starter juhitoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 17,247
Hi juhitoy.even i am also facing the same problem.so it is clear that the problem is with bsnl broadband.so we can ask those people .what do u say

Originally posted by padmavathi@Sep 25 2005, 11:09 PM
Hi

juhitoy.even i am also facing the same problem.so it is clear that the problem is with bsnl broadband.so we can ask those people .what do u say
[snapback]26347[/snapback]
[/quote]

Call them and insist that they come to your house and check it for themselves about this problem. They try to avoid saying that you have to look trouble shooting your PC. Say that you got your PC upto date with all updates and no adware, freeware on your PC. And that the problem is with their servers.

At what exchange are you located ?

Thank you.

Originally posted by juhitoy@Sep 21 2005, 11:51 AM
Any one facing the same half hour disconnects please respond.
[snapback]25813[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hello friend,
This half an hour thing seems to be pretty irritating for you. Though i have not faced this problem, i can understand how you must be feeling.

It might help to find a solution if we take a fresh look at the problem.
This half an hour disconnect, how accurate is the timing? Is it somewhat random or does it occur precisely after half an hour?
The reason i am asking is, if the timing is precise, i am inclined to think that it has something to do with your settings in the OS, like a timer or something that makes use of your system time. BSNL would likely not address this issue.

On the other hand, If it is random, then it mght be more of a line problem or some freak error that keeps occuring around that time. This of course is bsnl's problem and you have to calmly and repeatedly ask for help. Patient persistence often brings good results.

Originally posted by oldtimer@Sep 26 2005, 10:40 AM
Hello friend,
This half an hour thing seems to be pretty irritating for you. Though i have not faced this problem, i can understand how you must be feeling.

It might help to find a solution  if we take a fresh look at the problem.
This half an hour disconnect, how accurate is the timing? Is it somewhat random or does it occur precisely after half an hour? 
The reason i am asking is, if the timing  is precise, i am  inclined to think that it has something to do with your settings in the OS, like a timer or something that makes use of your system time. BSNL would  likely not address this issue.

On the other hand, If it is random, then it mght be more of a line problem or some freak error that keeps occuring around that time. This of course is bsnl's problem and you have to calmly and repeatedly ask for help.  Patient persistence often brings good results.
[snapback]26361[/snapback]
[/quote]

The problem is with the software BSNL had set up here in their servers. The timer starts counting when there is no data or very less data transfer. If you dont have more than 2 MB data transfer after the timers starts then the disconnection occurs exactly between the 30 and 31 min. The seconds differ depending on when the timer starts.

Thank you.

Originally posted by juhitoy@Oct 2 2005, 04:39 PM
The problem is with the software BSNL had set up here in their servers. The timer starts counting when there is no data or very less data transfer. If you dont have more than 2 MB data transfer after the timers starts then the disconnection occurs exactly between the 30 and 31 min. The seconds differ depending on when the timer starts.

Thank you.
[snapback]26995[/snapback]
[/quote]

Have they confirmed that such a software has been installed? IMHO It seems very unlikely that they would do such a thing especially for a dsl connection, which is meant to be left unattended for long hours. i will do my homework too and see if something comes out.

hi,

If ur modem is configured for PPPOE check the setting of it or give a reset for the modem so that the configuration if any will be restored to default settings.

mohan

Originally posted by juhitoy@Aug 30 2005, 05:44 PM
Hi

My BSNL Broad Band Dataone connection disconnects every half hour if I dont download at least 5MB in half hour. I called Bsnl technical people and asked them why ?. But they said that I have to look for that myself and that they have everything right on their side.

I am using Win XP with latest service pack (SP2)

If I download more than 5 MB in half hour, the connection stays on for unlimited time. When ever I just keep the connection on with out downloading or downloading small amounts (just browsing) it hangs up. I also checked my connection properties and have the "idle connection hang up time" to NEVER.

Please help

Thanks.
[snapback]23617[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally posted by kumar010@Oct 3 2005, 04:49 PM
hi,

If ur modem is configured for PPPOE check the setting of it or give a reset for the modem so that the configuration if any will be restored to default settings.
mohan
[snapback]27180[/snapback]
[/quote]

What is the procedure to reset BSNL Dataone modem ?

Thank you.

the modem configuration page offers an option like "restore factory defaults". Consult your modem manual for details.

Back