Desktop PC Configuration Required

ISP
dna ifotel
What will ideal configuration of heavy duty gaming.I have pc with following confi:- I3 Processor22" lcd aoc2gb ram1tb hard drive1 nvidia grphic card 1gbgigabyte motherboardshd i will upgrade my existing or buy brand new.what will be budget?

Difficult to predict.

This is how the price of the Crucial M4 has changed

there was a sharp fall from January to June, but after that, it has been largely static.

Thanks for the detailed information! :) What size SSD will I need for laptop? Assuming I'll keep all my movies and games in external drive and copy them to ssd whenever needed?

Upvote 0
120GB should be fine. Would cost ~7k. Check onlyssd.com.

Upvote 0
If you don't game, you'll notice a massive improvement in real world performance if you just install an SSD in your laptop. I was skeptical about SSD's as well, but I used a friends laptop which had an SSD installed with a C2D processor and it was VERY fast. most of the lag in laptops is due to the slow 5400 rpm HDD's.

ok! but SSD are just way too expensive right now only 120GB for Rs 7K. I need atleast 500GB which is the current HDD on the lappy.

Upvote 0
SSD currently are great for primary drives. that makes them a poor purchase for laptops unless you have a NAS at home that takes care of data storage. it is pretty good choice for desktops. you boot your operating system from ssd. and run apps from it. but save all your data in regular drives.

Upvote 0
or do the same with external hard drives and laptops? It actually makes more sense for laptops since laptops are crippled by even slower mechanical drives than desktops.

Upvote 0
well. you would need to invest in a nas type setup to make it work on a laptop. and considering the speeds of wireless networks in a typical home, it is going to be a frustrating experience :)

Upvote 0
My wife's laptop boots up in 20 seconds windows 7, this is after bios.It is very good especially for long battery running time (4hrs) and light in weight.It has 2 usb3 slots and so external storage via USB is really fastNAS performance is not bad too, just that depends on individual setup

Upvote 0
for a laptop to be a laptop, nas connectivity has to be wireless :) if you are stuck on a chair table for extra storage, well what is the point of having a laptop in the first place!

Upvote 0
I had posted this earlier.

You can try out some of the components listed there. And for gaming purpose, you'll need at least 8GB RAM and 1GB graphics card now-a-days.

Wrong @ RAM
For gaming,4 GB is more than enough.Those extra 4 will surely help you a bit,but while gaming a 4 GB 1600Mhz ram is what you need.
As per graphic card,2 GB is recommended for 1080p gaming as the memory (1 GB or 2) helps in rendering.So,if you have a 2 GB card and you try to run that game on 2560x resolution (Don't know exact one),the game will lag unless you lower down the graphic settings.For graphic cards theres a lot more to be seen. CUDA cores,clock speed,memory type and so on..

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Back